Need help with the breed of my cat

Mtorrey64

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We took in a cat 3 days ago Who was orphaned when her mom was hit by a car. She learned how to use the litter box within hours of being in our home so she’s so very smart. I’ve never been a cat person until now, my Lucy melts my heart she’s our perfect home pet. However we have no idea what breed she is please help

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! And welcome to the Cat Site. There's a wealth of information here and lots of friendly people to answer questions.

Most cats aren't a specific breed; they're just cats, so we describe their appearance. Your kitty looks like a long-haired brown tabby with white.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wait, so she and her mom were outside living homeless cats? More or less semiferal?
Its not that peculiar she learning quickly how to use the litter, they usually do learn this by themselves very quickly, its natural for them to dig down and hide their wastes.

But behaving alike a loved homecat, and be friends with kids, in barely 3 days - THAT is unusual... Apparently she finds the atmosphere in your home as very safe and friendly for her, and this kid on the pic must be really good with her.

Pity on the mom, but her soul rests in peace, her knowing her death did gave this positive results: a good life for her child. And a good life for the adopting family.

Ps. I agree with the above. She is breedwise a domestic, color and pattern is brown mackerel tabby with white, hair lengh seems to be long.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mtorrey64

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she has been outside her who life she’s 4 months old and she’s such a great cat. When she first got here of course she was scared and hiding but it only took her a few hours to start playing with the toys we got her and interacting so lovingly with my kids❤ She lets my two year old, although I’m careful to keep an eye on her, carry her and he’ll drive his cars around or over her belly and she seems like she enjoys it. She is pretty content and so playful.
thank you both when I was looking at breeds I thought main coin but she’s not that big.

Attachments

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous💕 So tragic about her mom😿 That is great she is adjusting so well. I would guess her mom was a stray and partly tame if she did not hiss etc. when you took her in. She looks like she has some forest cat in her, which were originally naturally breeding cats in Norway and Russia and other countries in that area. They have very long hind legs and two layers of fur. Forest cats are Siberians, Norwegian Forest Cats and Maine Coon cats. She could be a domestic long hair with some forest cat. They are often very sweet, smart and agile. The females are not always as large. MC can be very large, Siberian and NFC females can be 8-12 lbs. MC have a more rectangular face while NFC are triangle shape, and Siberians are rounder and have a stockier body. I envy you, my Syb was part Siberain, part NFC, I miss my fluffy cat so much.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a domestic longhair tabby. No need to overthink the breed too much, majority of cats in the world are of no particular breed ancestry and are not part this or mix with that. They are just simply domestic unless they come from a breeder with papers. You aren't going to find a Maine Coon, or NFC wandering around the backyard as a stray. Doesn't work the same way it does with dogs. She is a cutie pie though! She was lucky to have found you.