Need help with stray kitten

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I found a stay kitten crying in our yard, I tried to get close to him but he was too aggressive.. I put a trap and he went into it and bow he’s in a big cage with food and water and I dont know what to do with it, whenever I get close he hess and wouldn’t allow me to touch
Any ideas?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is most likely born to a stray and something happened to her, or was tossed out by someone and is looking for help. He's terrified, scared, and trying to survive, so thinks you are trying to harm him. He's like a wild animal and has reverted back to his survival mode. ANY young kitten will act like this when around strangers and is terrified. The good thing is that he is young and can be tamed down fairly quickly. Right now he just needs to be kept warm, has food and water, a litter box, and a place to hide like a small box with a blanket to hide and feel safe. I take it he's old enough to drink and eat on his own? Goats milk (warmed) would be safe as would a kitten milk replacement. Do not give cow's milk, most cat's are lactose intolerant and it will give him diarrhea. There are all kinds of kitten food available at stores.
He needs time and lots of it to be comfortable with you. Sit quietly by his cage and read your phone out loud to him so he gets used to your voice. Do not try to touch him, he thinks that you are trying to harm him. I have found that touching them while they are eating and distracted is a good way to start. Once he is tamed you could find him a home if you can't keep him. he is a tiny baby and terrified, please be gentle and he will come around. Bless you for trying to help, he would have died if you hadn't. he was desperate and asking for help. Feral kittens are usually silent so there is a chance he has been around people. Please come here whenever you want and we will help all we can. You earn a cat's love and it is wonderful when you receive it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is most likely born to a stray and something happened to her, or was tossed out by someone and is looking for help. He's terrified, scared, and trying to survive, so thinks you are trying to harm him. He's like a wild animal and has reverted back to his survival mode. ANY young kitten will act like this when around strangers and is terrified. The good thing is that he is young and can be tamed down fairly quickly. Right now he just needs to be kept warm, has food and water, a litter box, and a place to hide like a small box with a blanket to hide and feel safe. I take it he's old enough to drink and eat on his own? Goats milk (warmed) would be safe as would a kitten milk replacement. Do not give cow's milk, most cat's are lactose intolerant and it will give him diarrhea. There are all kinds of kitten food available at stores.
He needs time and lots of it to be comfortable with you. Sit quietly by his cage and read your phone out loud to him so he gets used to your voice. Do not try to touch him, he thinks that you are trying to harm him. I have found that touching them while they are eating and distracted is a good way to start. Once he is tamed you could find him a home if you can't keep him. he is a tiny baby and terrified, please be gentle and he will come around. Bless you for trying to help, he would have died if you hadn't. he was desperate and asking for help. Feral kittens are usually silent so there is a chance he has been around people. Please come here whenever you want and we will help all we can. You earn a cat's love and it is wonderful when you receive it!
Oh, really thank you for this information.
I just let him get out of his cage and he’s roaming in my room and getting used to it, still afraid of me and run away whenever I get close but it will be better Inshallah
I gave him kitten food and clean, warm water and a litter box he could use
Will update for sure

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ibrano15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It keeps crying all the time and doesn’t want to eat, I dont know what to do and I’m travelling tomorrow
No one here to take care of it, we really need help

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's scared and lonely. CAN he eat or does he need a bottle, can you post a picture that may show his age? you might get some wet cat food, thin it down with water and place a tiny bit on his lips over the plate. That is how I get kittens to eat their first time. Who is we? Can you get someone to feed it several times a day, a close relative a friend you can bribe? They need to be feed about every three hours as much as they will eat. Do you have a cat rescue or a shelter that will take it in? how about calling some vets and seeing if they will take it, or get on facebook?