Need help with semi feral hairball problem

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. I have a semi feral girl who I cannot handle or pet, so I can't brush her at all. She is long haired and occasionally gets the longest hairballs I have ever seen. I am worried for her because she does have a ton of fluffy fur but being unable to brush her im not sure what else I can do to help avoid a potentially dangerous situation with these hairballs. Has anyone had success with a specific type of hairball remedy?

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my boys used to have trouble with hairballs. I introduced 1/4 tsp of raw egg yolk into his meal each day and the issue cleared entirely. I prefer not to feed the whites of the egg due to the avidin which can inhibit Vitamin B absorption. The egg yolk should balance this out but you would have to feed the whole egg I would imagine, so I just eliminate the headache and play it on the safe side by only feeding yolks.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here is a great article on hairballs and some remedies. How Best to Manage Hairballs

I have also used these two products: VET'S BEST Chewable Tablets Hairball Control Supplement for Cats, 60 count - Chewy.com

All of these supplements can be added to her vet food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DB89014

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for the info hopefully one of these will work!