Need help with quotes.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. Can someone please explain to me how to quote other people's replys? I'd also like to know how to quote pieces of the reply not the whole reply. As in pick out one sentence of their reply.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello. Can someone please explain to me how to quote other people's replys? I'd also like to know how to quote pieces of the reply not the whole reply. As in pick out one sentence of their reply.
When you click the "Quote button, the whole post comes up in the reply pane. To just quote pieces, Just highlight the parts you don't want, and hit the backspace key.

Here is a link to the tutorial for your question.   www.thecatsite.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial

The FAQ for the site is down at the very bottom of each page. Inside the red box at the bottom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you click the "Quote button, the whole post comes up in the reply pane. To just quote pieces, Just highlight the parts you don't want, and hit the backspace key.

Here is a link to the tutorial for your question.   www.thecatsite.com/a/discussion-forum-tutorial

The FAQ for the site is down at the very bottom of each page. Inside the red box at the bottom.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for your help. I think I have it right this time.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I think I have got it!
Thanks and sorry for the mucking around. Obviously I am a slow learner.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I think I have got it!
Thanks and sorry for the mucking around. Obviously I am a slow learner.
You got it perfectly in four tries. I don't call that a slow learner. Once you do it, it becomes easier each time. Did you read what it said about multiple quotes? It took me a few tries to get that right.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you read what it said about multiple quotes? It took me a few tries to get that right. :drool:
Thanks you are kind. Yes I did read about multiple quotes and I will give it a try. Thanks again for you help.