Need Help With Pregnant Foster

Ca154853

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new to the group and looking for some advice please. My sister had a stray cat dumped at her house a while ago it had kittens under her porch. I adopted one about 3 months ago and told her to get the cat spayed. Well she is not an animal lover and her attitude was not my cat not my problem. I went to see her last month and saw the mom heavily pregnant with 2 males from her last litter with her. I was so mad and wheni told her she was pregnant she was going to throw her out of the car in to another neighborhood. Now I'm not a cat person really but I have a heart so I took her with me home 400 miles and plan on getting her fixed and finding her a home. I took her to my vet and he said they will fix her forme and help rehome them. The issue is she started labor at 7pm yesterday had a baby at 8 and 9 then another at 1am. Then she stopped I stayed up with her literally all night. But I felt more babies. Called the vet he said if not distressed she should be fine. Well she's not distressed eating drinking and pooping fine. Then I went in at 8pm tonight and there was another kitten just fine. So I still feel at least 2 more in there but is this normal? I've only had boy cats and they are neutered even the one I got from her last litter which we didn't need lol but he is sooooo sweet. Sorry about the long post and appreciate any advice on how to raise these guys too! I'm feeding mom halo kitten wet and dry food free feeding her.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, such pauses are fairly normal. As long as she is fine, no visible problem - do observe as it may get touchy, but stay calm.
good you do have access to a friendly vet!

Such happens, among others, if the kittens were conceived at different occasions, perhaps with different toms. Mother Nature tries to outbalance this, them becoming delivered when they are ready, not when she has her BIG DELIVERY.
Its not always succesfull, some are born premature while siblings are fully done.
Still, Mother Nature tries as hard she can.

Also, you seem fairly skilled at palpitating. Otherwise its common many thinks there is one left, because the uterus is swollen. One forumite even felt the kitten move - but none more were delivered, so it was gases in the intestines...

In The Cats name, I do thank you for helping out this momma and her childs.

C Ca154853

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ca154853

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, such pauses are fairly normal. As long as she is fine, no visible problem - do observe as it may get touchy, but stay calm.
good you do have access to a friendly vet!

Such happens, among others, if the kittens were conceived at different occasions, perhaps with different toms. Mother Nature tries to outbalance this, them becoming delivered when they are ready, not when she has her BIG DELIVERY.
Its not always succesfull, some are born premature while siblings are fully done.
Still, Mother Nature tries as hard she can.

Also, you seem fairly skilled at palpitating. Otherwise its common many thinks there is one left, because the uterus is swollen. One forumite even felt the kitten move - but none more were delivered, so it was gases in the intestines...

In The Cats name, I do thank you for helping out this momma and her childs.

C Ca154853
Ty for the reply! No I'm not experienced at palpitations(sp?) lol I wish! I think the reason I can feel them is she is such a tiny cat. She was very under nourished so you can feel her bones other than her big belly. I've had her 2 weeks and been giving her as much food as she will eat. I can see and grab, not hard of course, the outline of the kittens body in her. But even with that I didnt think they could survive. She was only 9.5lbs fully pregnant and she can't be more than a year old so having kittens back to back I was very worried about complications. No kittens last night but this morning she seems to be going to have another. Breathing hard and she moved them from the kennel to the floor under the sink she keeps moving them back and forth. I have her in the quietest and warmest place in my house but with 5 people and 2 cats and 2 dogs already I'm afraid she's nervous. I put a blanket under there for her so they won't get cold. Honestly I didn't want another cat but I could just see this being an endless cycle for her and eventually you get a whole colony of feral cats. I tried to grab the siblings from the last litter but they are skittish and ran from me. I caught momma cat using food and she's actually very friendly. My vet said she had to have been someone's cat because she is very tolerant and loved people. So I think that's just sick to let your kitten get pregnant and then you just dump them in the woods? Well anyway she will have a good time here for the next couple months till we find homes and she won't ever have to go through it again.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you, please keep posting here with updates, and I'm mad at your sister.