Need Help With Pregnant Cat

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. We had a very pregnant cat brought into our rescue 2 days ago. She looks like she could deliver any day. She seems to be having contractions now, and we've noticed a discharge from her vulva area. From everything I've read, it says it should be clear, but hers is more of a tannish color. I will post a pic. I dont normally deal with pregnant cats, so wondering if this is normal or something to worry about.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Hopefully she's hanging in there since you posted.

Do you have a vet who can look at those pictures? It's a rather dark- ish color...

You probably know this but if you call your regular clinic, the voicemail greeting should provide a 24-hour number.

Let me give links to some articles that might help;

How To Save Your Cat From These Life-threatening Pregnancy Risks

Cat Pregnancy

Pregnant Cat? What To Prepare For The Birth

How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth?

Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives)

How Old Do Kittens Have To Be To Leave Their Mother?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you soo much!! I will read through those articles! I will call our vet in the morning too. I have his personal number, so no worries there. Momma cat is doing fine, just wants to be right next to one of us. With not knowing her history at all, I overly worry. I have no idea what nutrition she had, etc., since she was just brought to us 2 days ago. She has really gotten attached to my daughter (she helps me with our rescue). Her drainage is now more clear, with a tiny bit of white cloudy coloring. Thanks soo much for the info. We will do everything we can for this momma and her babies ♡

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Ideally, any discharge should be white, cream, clear, or pink in color. So, it’s good that the color changed (brown or green can indicate infection). I would still definitely recommend checking in with the vet.

This article has more info: Help! My Cat Is Having Kittens!

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks soo much for your time, I truly appreciate it!! I will call the vet first thing in the morning. I have ran our rescue for several years now, but most animals that come in are dumped or come from shelters where their family gave up on them. I dont typically get a pregnant one like this. Of course we wanted to help her the second she showed up, and even set up her own little kitty "maternity ward" so she could be comfortable. Again, thanks for taking the time to reply to me, means the world!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're doing a marvelous job for mama-kitty and she sounds, and looks like she could be a sweetheart :)! Bless your hearts for being there for all the cats who come your way :vibes::heartshape:!
:rock:

tdurkee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awe, thank you soo much ♡♡ Momma gave birth to her 1st kitten at 4:59am. She had now delivered 5 healthy babies ♡ She hasnt had a kitten for a few hours now, so thinking she is done. My daughter and I were with her while she gave birth, she stuck very close to us ♡ What an amazing experience to get to share with my daughter!!! Momma and kittens are doing wonderful ♡♡

Attachments