Need Help With My Halloween Costume

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to a Halloween staff party at a local bar/restaurant. It is taking place at the same time as when this bar/restaurant has it's Halloween night, so most people dress up. We chose a bit of a theme for our staff party, and it's "good with an evil twist". So naturally, almost everyone has chosen a Disney character but are making them "evil" or "creepy.
I have chosen Merida from the movie Brave. This is her.
1571514310017.png

I have found a dress that will work, although it's not exact.
1571514104092.png

As you can see, it's a bit of a mix of both dresses she wears in the movie, except it has the long sleeve things.

Originally, my evil twist on Merida was going to be that I got mauled by Mardu (the evil bear in the movie), but one of my co-workers is going as red riding hood that was mauled by the wolf. So I don't want both of us to have the same thing (she came up with her costume idea first). And to be honest I don't want to fuss with the FX make-up stuff anyway.
So now I'm trying to find ways (that make sense or are sort of movie related) for Merida to be evil or with a twist for Halloween.
I had thought of being Merida the witch (there is a witch in the movie) So I could have been cursed or something.
I had thought of just being a zombie type Merida - but that doesn't really fit.

I need some ideas on how Merida could have become evil, or some ideas on how I could do my make-up so that Merida is "evil" in some way.

FYI - I have already purchased the dress and I (in real life) have Merida hair, I just need to make it red, I have purchased the red hair spray stuff that washes out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel this might be really dark, but maybe three "slayed" bears representing her brothers...?
Not sure how I could accomplish that...and no worries on being dark. 😈 Originally I was thinking as going as a psychotic Cinderella, who wore Lucifer's pelt and cat collar, and used her mice friends as jewelry/hair pieces. :jawdrop: I just couldn't find a Cinderella gown for a cheap price. I really don't want to spend too much for this.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure how I could accomplish that...and no worries on being dark. 😈 Originally I was thinking as going as a psychotic Cinderella, who wore Lucifer's pelt and cat collar, and used her mice friends as jewelry/hair pieces. :jawdrop: I just couldn't find a Cinderella gown for a cheap price. I really don't want to spend too much for this.
Three bear pelts or some beheaded stuffed bears?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK so I've done some searching and I think I've come up with an idea.

Using a combination of pictish and celtic designs mixed with a bit of witchcraft symbols, using archery as inspiration, I'm going to go as some sort of evil goddess of war - she changed HER fate, not her mother's and was cursed by the witch to live out her life creating war between the clans.

Here is some of my inspiration.....

1571535904329.png
1571536369976.png
1571536425362.png
1571536602393.png

1571536909878.png

What do you think???