Need Help With How To Apply Flea Med.

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Max occasionally gets fleas (sneaks outdoors). The only med I've had any luck with is Revolution, which is typically applied to bare skin on the back of the neck.

My problem is that it is virtually impossible to do this by myself, and Max won't allow anyone else near her. She doesn't like to be held period. Max has long hair, and I just can't hold her still, try to part her hair enough to find bare skin, and apply the med. Four arms would help, but....

I hate having to take her to the Vet and pay $60 for a procedure that takes 30 seconds. If anyone else has had this problem and found a solution I sure would like to hear from you.

Thanks.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you do it while she's sleeping? If not, you can try wrapping her in a towel like a burrito. The third option is to hold her between your knees on the floor - sort of like you're "sitting" on her to keep her from escaping while you apply the flea meds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you do it while she's sleeping? If not, you can try wrapping her in a towel like a burrito. The third option is to hold her between your knees on the floor - sort of like you're "sitting" on her to keep her from escaping while you apply the flea meds.
Thanks Ardina. Have tried both the "sleep" and "towel" approaches and haven't been successful yet. She senses something's up and is gone under the bed. I'll try the knee approach next. Thanks again.

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ardina. Have tried both the "sleep" and "towel" approaches and haven't been successful yet. She senses something's up and is gone under the bed. I'll try the knee approach next. Thanks again.
Let me know if it works! If not, we'll keep brainstorming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Let me know if it works! If not, we'll keep brainstorming.
The knee lock worked! She slipped out the first couple of attempts, but the last time I trapped her facing a wall (put some kibble there) and she had nowhere to go.

Many thanks.