Need help with dewormer

Smallmeows

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, this is my first time deworming my kitten. She has tapeworms. I got the attached dewormer with three tablets inside but i dont understand the directions. It just gives me the dosage for the weight of the cat (attached) i feel dumb but it says one tablet for cats 5lbs-11lbs but does it mean one per day? Or just one is enough? Everyone keeps telling me to just read the directions but i think its unclear. TIA

Attachments

skygem

Guardian of a little old grandpa named Rayleigh
Young Cat
Purraise
From what I'm understanding, it looks like it means just one tablet. When my cat got dewormed at the vet they gave him only one and that was enough.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd give one tablet for now and then follow up with the vet and ask if another tablet is needed. It may take another dose or two to fully remove all the tapeworms.

The Bayer dosage instructions are unclear :dunno: No frequency of dosage, if any is needed.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This product isn't used at my vet clinic, but I know we have different dosage rates for preventative measures compared to treatment. That is, we give a more frequent and higher dose to animals that have tested positive for worms, and a less frequent dose for animals that don't have worms. Different products have different doses though, so contacting a vet clinic about how to treat the tapeworm is definitely a good idea.

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I used this before it worked well but when I bought it it said to give them the right dosage for weight in this your case 1 tablet and then after 3 weeks another to kill any tapeworm eggs but maybe the directions have changed. The box comes with a paper with directions so read that when it comes! Tip if when u give it to ur cat mix w wet food if your cat doesn’t eat it try buying a syringe and feeding it like that.

Kittycool333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I used this before it worked well but when I bought it it said to give them the right dosage for weight in this your case 1 tablet and then after 3 weeks another to kill any tapeworm eggs but maybe the directions have changed. The box comes with a paper with directions so read that when it comes! Tip if when u give it to ur cat mix w wet food if your cat doesn’t eat it try buying a syringe and feeding it like that.
To be safe just give one and see if they return.