Need help now please...

pingsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am a former member andI have not been on in forever. I have the two Siamese mixes Ping and Yasng.

Anyways my vet is closed and may not be open tomorrow and I need help now. After supper I noticed that I had not seen Yang all day. Well we looking for him and found him. He is very thin, looks like blood in his eyes, mucos or blood coming from his nose, having a time breathing, and looks like he has lost urinary control. He is normally a healthy happy cat. i am scared my cat will not make it through the night much less to a vet and we live in a rural area. He won't eat drink or anything.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on!!!!

Sorry for any typos but I am in a panic here and google is failing me.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I moved this to the health forum for you so that hopefully people with more experience will see this.

Oh hun, how absolutely terrifying...
The only advice I can give is to try your best to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated. Syringe feed him some water, even some chicken broth that may help stimulate his appetite. It really does sound like something is terribly wrong however. Are there no emergency vets available in your area at all? Sending tons of vibes his way!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so very sorry, but this is a serious emergency and the cat needs a vet immediately. I guess I am confused too, you say the kitty is "thin". This couldn't have happened in one day :confused:..... Maybe your kitty has been getting ill before this day. Cat's are very good at hiding their illnesses. Please, if you can, take your cat to the emergency vet. Load of vibes coming to you and your cat :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your vet is a farm vet, he's accustomed to middle-of-the-night calls. Try his home number, call his office number and see if there's a message about what to do in an emergency.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pingsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was fine yesterday. He was laying the bed with me and the husband giving up lovings. His weight seemed good and everything. i can not say if I saw him this morning because it has been a crazy day. All I know is after supper I realized I had not seen him that afternoon and went looking for him and this what I found. I will try and call the vet but I do not have much hope that they will answer.

pingsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am calling all local vets (2 county area) and I have not found a 24 hour one. Mine is open Saturday 9am-noon. I am so scared he would make it through the night. But I swear to good he was not like this yesterday. He was his normal happy self. And I am kicking myself for not looking for him sooner. Trust me I hate myself right now for that.

pingsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
BTW he is inside only and has been that way since I brought him home 2 years ago.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::touch:.... We cannot predict these things, really, it is not your fault. I fear your cat got into some kind of poison :dk:.... I can't think of any other explanation for your cat's health to plunge so quickly. I am so sorry. OH dear, I guess just keep trying to find a vet. Most vet's have an emergency number "go to" for after hours. I hope you can get your cat some help ASAP... :cross: and :hugs::hugs::hugs: I am sure this is awful for you and your furbaby. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

pingsmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just left a message with a vet that is not my normal vet in hopes someone will call me back. I am emotional wreck. The only after hours vet won't see him tonight because I don't have 150 dollars so they are pretty much just gonna let him die on me. And I can't find an after hours number for my vet.

calvin&i

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The deal with emergency vets is that you will have to pay unfront and that is an issue. If you are in the US and if the emergency vet accepts Care Credit Card - you can apply for it online and can get approved immediately. All you need is email approving and vets should accept that. This card is pretty lenient about approvals. This will give you a few months to repay before they slap on a hefty interest. Wish you all the best and sending a lot of vibes for your kitty.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found my original log in information so I cam back under my original screen name. Right now I set up a place in my bathroom where it is quiet and the best I can hope for is he makes it till 9am when I can get him to our normal vet. She is very nice and will work with us on a payment plan as needed. I really wish she was 24 hours tho.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Thank goodness, I mean that you got a hold of your vet... I really will be praying for your cat to make it tonight :cross: Please keep us posted, we care and I know this is just traumatic for you :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
No wonder you're so worried .Tons of :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for Yang. Please update this thread to let us know how he is after the vet has seen him.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just woke up. He made it through the night. I am just waiting on the vet's office to open. 

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for your boy. While at the vet today, ask her what to do when you have an emergency situation, she may be able to give you other options in case, heaven forbid, you ever have another emergency.

(And start right now making an emergency fund for your cats. Even a nickel a day in the jar will add up, but try for a dollar.)

All paws crossed for your precious boy, keep us posted on Yang.

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I hope they can save the poor cat. It is so important to plan for such emergencies - cats will often get sick at the wrong hours and days...

I closed down the new account, to avoid confusion, and thank you for getting back to the old account.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Anne. 

I just got back from the vet it appears that he has a very bad URI. They gave him a good dose of pen. and some amox. pills that I have to give 2 times a day. Right now the big challenge will be getting food and water in him because he is showing no interest in that.