Need Help Identifying Eye Problem

cathelp6

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I was just taking a video of my cats being the absolute sweetest babes but notice some weird scab like fur around one of their eyes (pictured). As far as I can tell, it’s not causing him and discomfort or itchiness and it’s not wet or bleeding. Please help me and let me know if this is something I should just go to the vet for or if I can find a homemade remedy to help fix my baby.
To be completely honest, I’m extremely tight on funds and would love to take him to the vet immediately but as of right now, it’s not possible. I obviously don’t want this to get any worse than it is but I also have no idea what this is and what I can do.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Is he pawing at it at all, or trying to clean it specifically when he's grooming his face?

You could try applying a little storebought unflavored chamomile tea (garden grown is unsafe for cats), brewed, cooled and then dip a q-tip in it and dab that on the area. It's anti fungal, anti bacterial and will ease any discomfort, plus it is safe if he ingests it or any were to get into his eye.