Need help finding right concealer/foundation

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've reached that point in my life where unfortunately my skin is not as "youthful" as it used to be...
I have expression lines (forehead and between eyebrows)...I've had them for a while because apparently my grandmother was right that if I didn't relax my face it would stay that way. :lol: I've just always been a frowner. My eyebrows simply have a mind of their own and are always surprised, angry or confused....no matter how I'm actually feeling. I also have smile lines (eyes and mouth/cheek crease). You can't really see them at all...except for when I wear concealer/foundation, because as the day goes on and I smile and talk to people, it settles in the lines.

I'm not one to wear full coverage foundation all over my face because I hate how gross it feels with the mix of oil and make-up. I have very oily skin.
However, the dark circles around my eyes bothers me as well as some redness on the apples of my cheeks, and the fact that I'm quite pale, makes it stand out a lot. So, I wear concealer around my eyes and a bit on my cheeks, then put powder on my whole face. But this just isn't working anymore, dusting some powder on my face to help the shine and set any concealer or foundation I wear now just adds to the makeup getting comfy in the lines.

So...to anyone out there who wears or knows a lot about make-up...

What's a good concealer or foundation stick that works well for oily maturing skin that won't settle into fine lines and expression lines?

Some things to consider..
1) I'm cheap...I refuse to spend a fortune on fancy products.
2) I don't need heavy perfect full coverage...a little imperfection doesn't bother me. I like looking natural. I just like to "tone down" the discoloration of the dark circles and redness on my cheeks.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry, my reply won't be exactly for your request, but wanted to offer a thought. I also, hate wearing full on foundation and prefer something light that just helps even things out. I use a liquid foundation but apply it with a foundation brush so I can put it on in thin layers to the areas I need it. I typically end up putting on my cheeks, around my nose, and if I have a blemish. Then just a sweep of some powder to blend it all together.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't worn full makeup since before the lockdowns during the pandemic. I use Cover Girl powder foundation; it isn't a loose powder it's more like pressed powder. Using it is kind of a vicious cycle. I prefer mineral sunscreen and with those there seem to be two choices, shine or a white cast. I use one that shines and then I use the Cover Girl to tamp down the shine. I use just a tiny bit and blend it in well with a brush.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would try out a BB cream that has a little color to it. BB creams are lightweight and more comfortable than most foundations. Sometimes I just use a BB cream and an inexpensive concealer stick.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
you can never go wrong with Lancome or Laura Geller

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For concealer under my eyes due to allergies I really like Mac's concealer. I also don't like foundation so I use a tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier. I only use a little so it lasts forever and is worth the money.

• Purraise

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I use Peter Thomas Roth instant firm no filter primer, then when dry I apply Clinique even better concealer with a brush. Both products aren’t cheap, but do last quite a while.

I could never find any less expensive brands that didn’t make me look older.

• Purraise

allisonburd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've reached that point in my life where unfortunately my skin is not as "youthful" as it used to be...
I have expression lines (forehead and between eyebrows)...I've had them for a while because apparently my grandmother was right that if I didn't relax my face it would stay that way. :lol: I've just always been a frowner. My eyebrows simply have a mind of their own and are always surprised, angry or confused....no matter how I'm actually feeling. I also have smile lines (eyes and mouth/cheek crease). You can't really see them at all...except for when I wear concealer/foundation, because as the day goes on and I smile and talk to people, it settles in the lines.

I'm not one to wear full coverage foundation all over my face because I hate how gross it feels with the mix of oil and make-up. I have very oily skin.
However, the dark circles around my eyes bothers me as well as some redness on the apples of my cheeks, and the fact that I'm quite pale, makes it stand out a lot. So, I wear concealer around my eyes and a bit on my cheeks, then put powder on my whole face. But this just isn't working anymore, dusting some powder on my face to help the shine and set any concealer or foundation I wear now just adds to the makeup getting comfy in the lines.

So...to anyone out there who wears or knows a lot about make-up...

What's a good concealer or foundation stick that works well for oily maturing skin that won't settle into fine lines and expression lines?

Some things to consider..
1) I'm cheap...I refuse to spend a fortune on fancy products.
2) I don't need heavy perfect full coverage...a little imperfection doesn't bother me. I like looking natural. I just like to "tone down" the discoloration of the dark circles and redness on my cheeks.
Hi , I have fallen in love with the IT brand, sold at Target. It has spf 50. You can try samples in store to get the right match. I am 55, it does not settle into wrinkles. I wear both there foundation or CC cream. You only need a tiny bit for light coverage, so.one tube will last you a year .

• Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi , I have fallen in love with the IT brand, sold at Target.
We don't have Target in Canada, but I'll look into "IT" and see if other stores carry it.

Edit: Did a quick search and I can get it in Canada...:thumbsup: