NEED HELP ASAP - CAT HEALTH PROBLEM

thenewgame001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need your help badly everyone!!

My cat, Socks, had a siezure on Friday of last week. I took him to emergency vets nearby, he had another siezure on saturday and was released to me. Since then I have taken him to the regular vet twice, and here's the problem: Socks will not eat or drink and has become dehydrated twice since the last siezure on sunday. The vet says his bloodwork is fine, but he will not eat and just stays under the couch, very abnormal behavior for Socks, who is the most active cat I've ever seen.

The vet has him on IV now, but has no real answer. Can anybody help??!!??

Thanks,

Nick

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is this an inside/outside cat? Sounds to me like the kitten has gotten into something toxic- have they run a tox screen? Have you tried enticing kitten with tuna juice? Or baby food- chicken or turkey mixed with a little bit of water will usually prompt a cat to eat. If you pinch the neck gently does the skin stay pinched when released? Have they done sub q's on him? IV's just under the skin not in the vein????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thenewgame001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this an inside/outside cat?
- Inside Only!!

Sounds to me like the kitten has gotten into something toxic- have they run a tox screen?
- I don't think so, I can't think of anything He'd have access to.

Have you tried enticing kitten with tuna juice? Or baby food- chicken or turkey mixed with a little bit of water will usually prompt a cat to eat.

- No, I didn't try that!

If you pinch the neck gently does the skin stay pinched when released?

- It did before I took him in

Have they done sub q's on him?

- I don't know what this is.

IV's just under the skin not in the vein????
- In the vein is happening now, they did under the skin the other day.

He has never had any problems before now, I (and he does too!) appreciate all your help!!

Thanks again!!

Nick

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cant think of a medical problem that would cause that. To me it sounds like he is hiding from the trauma of the whole thing. When an animal has a seizure it can dramaticly effect the brain. It may be a possibility that Socks needs to go on anti seizure medication.