Need Good Vibes For Daughter and Grandson

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Wowza, so she's able to come home, that's good. Any idea how long Elijas will have to stay?
So awesome that everything turned out so well. The docs are amazing with their skill and
knowledge.

Time for you to rest and recover as well!! You've really been thru it. :hugs: :rock:💝

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is great news. Hopefully Elijah's breathing will quickly clear up and he will gain enough weight to come home soon. I know as far as weight the benchmark used to be 5 pounds to be released. All babies lose a little weight before they start gaining but he doesn't have far to go.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Nicole was born by C-section (me as well) in 1948. My mother was hemorrhaging because she had a detached
placenta. Nicole weighed 4 pounds, 2 months premature. My mother stayed in hospital for 2 weeks but Nicole had been
transported to Akron Children's Hospital and stayed a month. I bet Elijah will come home much sooner because of
all the advances in medicine since then.:thumbsup:🍼👶

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The blood loss would have complicated things for your mother. Uncomplicated C-sections are 3 or 4 days now. I had mine in military hospitals and the head nurse for my first one took no guff from anyone, I really didn't like her at the time. When they brought me back from recovery she had them stop the gurney and she said she walks from here. It didn't end there. Seems like she was constantly coming around and telling me to get up and walk to the end of the hall and back. I then would have to use this breathing thing where I had to make these three balls go to the top of the tubes. I really didn't like her one bit but I know now those things make for a much shorter, uncomplicated recovery.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They are both doing well! His breathing is a bit better. Her blood pressure is stable. He is still being fed through a tube in his nose, but they have said he should be able to be fed regularly by the end of the week. She gets to come home either Wednesday or Thursday.
This is truly encouraging news, you must be elated. :hugs: Only 1-2 more days to go until your daughter and grandson come home. :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Hobbit came home yesterday! He is still under his birth weight by a couple of ounces, but he is doing really well! He is sleeping pretty well and does not cry a lot (yet!) and when he does it is still pretty quiet. He mostly just does the typical baby grunts and squeaks.

This is a picture of him with an average size paperback book. Obviously, he is not the smallest baby ever, but he is still just so tiny! I did not hold my two nephews who were considerably smaller than Elijah until they were a few months old and well over 5 lbs, so he is the smallest baby I have held.

Thank you all for your kindness!

Attachments

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh he’s so sweet!! 😍 Are you enjoying being a Grandma so far?
I am enjoying it! I love being a mom, so I am not surprised by how much I love being a grandma. My husband does not really like babies. He said that one of the pros of falling in love with me is that he got to be a step-dad to older children rather than a father or step-dad to small children. He is just one of those people who does not see the appeal. I told him that I have to pick out a good name for him to be called by Elijah. So far, I have Donk, Frodo, Gandalf, Took, and Gamgee.

My daughter is staying with us for a couple of weeks to make things easier.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That's nice she is staying with you.My mother took 2 weeks off after the birth of each of Nicole's 3 boys to help out
So do you have any pics?💝

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's nice she is staying with you.My mother took 2 weeks off after the birth of each of Nicole's 3 boys to help out
So do you have any pics?💝
If you scroll up a little, there are two pictures we took of him today. It is nice having them here.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy for you I bet your loving having them staying with you. I have to say this again he a sweetheart little darling. Give him a extra big welcome cuddle from me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is precious. He is small but he is really filled out and healthy looking. I can understand about being nervous with a small baby. Mine were all large so I have never held a baby that small either. I am sure that he like all babies will grow fast, he won't be that small for very long at all.