Need Good Vibes For Daughter and Grandson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, glad to hear it! How was it?
It was lots of fun! The movie was enjoyable and my husband is my favorite person in the entire world with whom to spend time, so I would have to say it was a great night. It was something we both needed.

My daughter got what should be her last ultrasound and they got a picture of him sucking his thumb and one of him grabbing his toes. Haha! I have not seen them yet, but I will get to later today when I visit her. She also got her last steroid shots yesterday and today. I think it is really hitting her that she is about to be a mother. She is also pretty darn excited that she will be able to leave the hospital soon.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It was lots of fun! The movie was enjoyable and my husband is my favorite person in the entire world with whom to spend time, so I would have to say it was a great night. It was something we both needed.

My daughter got what should be her last ultrasound and they got a picture of him sucking his thumb and one of him grabbing his toes. Haha! I have not seen them yet, but I will get to later today when I visit her. She also got her last steroid shots yesterday and today. I think it is really hitting her that she is about to be a mother. She is also pretty darn excited that she will be able to leave the hospital soon.
So glad you had an amazing time with your husband!! Those pics of Elijah will be awesome!!💖

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a grandma! Instead of being induced, my daughter had a C-section just before noon today due to her blood pressure and the fact that he decided to be breech. He is having more difficulty breathing than they anticipated and it took my daughter longer to recover than expected. She has been unable to hold him yet. Elijah weighs 4 lbs 14 oz and is 18" long.

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is so cute and a really good weight. I think some of the breathing issues may be from being born by C-section. He looks really filled out and healthy. It will take your daughter some time. I had mine by C-section and it takes a while.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is so cute and a really good weight. I think some of the breathing issues may be from being born by C-section. He looks really filled out and healthy. It will take your daughter some time. I had mine by C-section and it takes a while.
Thank you! His weight was better than we expected! He certainly does have a bit of chubbiness to him! Haha! I am hoping she does not push herself too much. Her one friend had somewhat convinced her that a C-section would be easier because you "skip the labor." Of course, the friend has never had one, so her assertation was laughable. I think my daughter understands that now. There is nothing easy about a C-section! They did say that some of his breathing issues were caused by the C-section, but they mentioned that he is not breathing as well as would be expected. I am hoping it clears up soon.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats to the new mom and the new grandma. :bouquet:
Sending vibes that mom will have a quick recovery, and that your grandson will be in his mom's arms soon. :redheartpump:
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How's your daughter and grand-son?
They are both doing well! His breathing is a bit better. Her blood pressure is stable. He is still being fed through a tube in his nose, but they have said he should be able to be fed regularly by the end of the week. She gets to come home either Wednesday or Thursday.