Need Dust free as possible Litter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey..im wanting to change my cats litter cause vet thinks it maybe causing allergies..on my kitties face and scratching..no fleas..want lowest dust possible n clumping litter..Trying to get to bottom of my cats face issue also..Thanks

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We use dr elsey’s ultra and I’ve honestly never noticed dust, even when I pour a ton of it out of the 40 lb bag into a smaller container. It clumps really well too. More expensive than something like tidy cats but they have good deals on the big bags on chewy.

BlackCatOp

Black Cats Rule!
Adult Cat
Purraise
While not cheap, I have found Boxiecat (blue bag) to clump well and be almost dust free. There is not that big cloud of dust when I add litter. Boxiecat can be found on Chewy. I have tried many different litters and I am very happy with Boxiecat, my pocketbook not so much, lol.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no experience in using clay litters, but out of “naturals” I found that grass seed litters (SmartCat,or petco’s SoPhresh) have the least dust. I have asthmatic kitty so minimal dust is a must. They also clump very well. But they track a lot.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr elseys has a respiratory relief one you can try,
"The all-natural litter is 99.9% dust-free and hypo-allergenic with no plant proteins, perfumes or deodorants to help reduce stress and control Feline Respiratory Disease."

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use pine pellets snd haven't noticed any dust. The pellets swell when they are wet so really easy to clean.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the grass litters. Smart Cat is the lowest dust litter I've ever used. I find pine pellets and clay such as Dr. Elsey's to be really dusty.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched to arm and hammer clump and seal multicat after Indy had a reaction to tidy cats lightweight (do not use horrible stuff stains everything) and it's very low dust, also does an excellent job of odor control