Need Cheap But Nutritious Food Suggestions

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww, thank you. Husband and I are not at all happy about having 8 cats, but what can you do. FF, our 18 year old loves it and has it for treat when she stops eating the good food. I get her the classic pate chicken and liver, glad to read it's a decent food. I thought I was indulging her with junk.
I can imagine it is a LOT to take on... but bless your heart, seriously. What you've done is amazing!

And yes, Fancy Feast is not a bad food at all! :) So let her indulge away... my cat eats Fancy Feast for her wet.

I was also going to suggest Friskies as another possibility, but I am less familiar with it. Glad to see others have given their support for it here.

Also it sounds like just a lot in general is going on for you right now, so hang in there and take care of yourself when you get even a small moment! I'm thinking of you and all you have to deal with right now, sending you support. All of us here are happy to help in any small way we can, even if its just recommending food :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TooManyFelines

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, Sidneykitty. Yes, things are very rough right now, but the only thing to do is to keep on marching. I will try to stop back in to post the promised pics once I take them (one of the kitties is in hiding and only comes out at night, hopefully she will come around soon) and also probably ask more questions as situations arise. Thank you everyone for all the food suggestions, it is very much appreciated!!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
You could try the Friskies Poultry Platter in the big cans (they're $1 for me, locally). I've fed Friskies before and that is the only one I like because it doesn't like by-products are the first ingredient.

Tractor Supply also sells big cans of their Paws n' Claws brand.

Edited to add: I didn't read the rest of the thread and saw that both of these have been mentioned :paperbag:
Good luck finding a food!!

Last edited: