Need Cat Sitter Service In Uk

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hi all , I occasionally have to go away with work and have so far managed to find someone to pop in and give Gracie some fresh water, food and litter ! She is very timid and hides from Strangers so she doesn’t need anyone to pet her or anything! I moved into an apartment last year and my neighbours don’t really chat ! Next door has a cat I know as seen at the window so I was going to pop by there tonight to see if they could feed Gracie for two days or recommend anyone (I need to go away 2 nights this month ). They are bit quiet and look at me strange so not sure Failing that I’ve been looking on the net and there is a website called Tailster which looks ok. Can anyone recommend any other professional sitters in UK ? I do want to me able to go on holiday etc .. however love my little fur baby so much ! She can not go in a cattery as I don’t think it will be good for her as she is so nervous !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I do not have any family and my closet friend to my location has just had a baby and the other local one, let’s just say is not really reliable !! Hopefully my neighbour may help !!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My best suggestion is to call your vet to see who they know of. My vet has a notice board for services like that, lost pets etc. Maybe yours does too? If you have a decent indie pet shop, they may have a board/window ads too. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all ! I have to take her to vets soon - she needs her nails (claws I know but I prefer nails )trimmed and she won’t let me do them of course ! He is very fit she gives me the excuse to chat to him to longer !!!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let's hope he can help, he may know a client that would be trustworthy and willing to help. Please let us know.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Vet surgeries are a great place to start as may know sitters other customers have used (good and bad) and the nurses often do pet sitting on top of their regular work. :wink:.
Not all pet sitting agencies or Web sites use people with any training or experience, police checks or insurance so it seems wise to go with personal recommendations if you can't enlist anyone you know.