Need Cat Perch Advice

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Persephone and I are nomads who live in our 17' travel trailer. The trailer is too small for a tower and Persephone wants to be up high. She tries to get up on the top of the window valances but they are too narrow. I don't wish to drill holes in trailer walls but I want to put some kind of perch or walkway for her higher up. Is this even a possibility? Maybe something I can set on my bed that goes above the top of the window? Below is a photo of window in our sleeping area.
PXL_20220127_052333475.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
What is that wall made out of? Are you able to drill into it? Do you think it would be able to support a lot of weight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure what it's made of. Could be some type of metal. I don't have drill. These are the reasons I don't have an easy fix.

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is that wall made out of? Are you able to drill into it? Do you think it would be able to support a lot of weight?
Probably metal and I don't have a drill. I would also need it to be lightweight because my trailer can't go over the legal weight limit.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
In that case, you may be best off getting a window hammock. Plenty of different options around, but something like this may suit best as it'd allow you to put it right at the top of the window https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TBYBSKW/?tag= You'll need to get exact measurements, and ideally be able to take the curtain and rod off, so it may end up being a lot of faff with putting up the hammock every day so you can have curtains at night. That said, there aren't any secure options for putting stuff like this up that doesn't involve drilling holes or being put on a window, to my knowledge.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how smooth the surface is, but go to amazon and search "suction cup cat bed window" - there are a lot of no drill options. If your surface is not smooth you may have to add some sort of adhesive to the suction cups, but it looks like a lot of variety. There was even a hanging macrame one like a plant holder for cats.

added: You might also look for "over door cat tree" which has different options that strap onto doors.

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In that case, you may be best off getting a window hammock. Plenty of different options around, but something like this may suit best as it'd allow you to put it right at the top of the window https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08TBYBSKW/?tag= You'll need to get exact measurements, and ideally be able to take the curtain and rod off, so it may end up being a lot of faff with putting up the hammock every day so you can have curtains at night. That said, there aren't any secure options for putting stuff like this up that doesn't involve drilling holes or being put on a window, to my knowledge.
Thanks!

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how smooth the surface is, but go to amazon and search "suction cup cat bed window" - there are a lot of no drill options. If your surface is not smooth you may have to add some sort of adhesive to the suction cups, but it looks like a lot of variety. There was even a hanging macrame one like a plant holder for cats.

added: You might also look for "over door cat tree" which has different options that strap onto doors.
Thank you!

Gypsy Witch & Persephone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I found something that might work perfectly. She lounges on bed pillows to look out window but she has a desire to get up higher at times. I found something called a kitty sill. It only requires a 2" sill which I believe is width of my wooden valance. If I put it up there she will be much closer to the ceiling which is what she has been desiring.