Issue with cat's nipple

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry but I can’t offer an opinion on what those are based on these pics. I would ask your dvm. It doesn’t look really bad to me, it seems to be healing.
Oh I’m sorry if I seemed prying. I was just sending you another picture like you asked! Thank you for the response! Enjoy the rest of your day or night.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I’m sorry if I seemed prying. I was just sending you another picture like you asked! Thank you for the response! Enjoy the rest of your day or night.
No I wasn’t saying anything about you being prying etc. I just can’t tell from the pic because they are not well focused. But overall it looks not bad to me. But ask dvm etc. ty and you too😀

Last edited:

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It’s a bit hard to tell. It could be new skin growing over the wound. If it has an odor or is oozing moisture then I would think the vet needs to check it. It’s always best to ask the vet to reassure you if you have concerns. Watch kitty and make sure she is eating, drinking and going potty normallt to report any changes to the vet. You may be able to call and ask to send an email or text with the photo. Hopefully it is just new skin but better to check.
I just want to say thank you again so much for answering! Ik best thing is to always check with the vet. But it’s nice getting a little piece of mind in the meantime. I know you probably don’t know the answer to this but should I message the vet right now just for this question? Or should I message my vet if her nipple starts oozing or it has a Oder or if her eating/ drinking patterns change? (I’m sorry for all the questions I’m a new cat mom)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just message the vet the same way you just messaged me. Tell them you are a new cat mom and worried because you have no experience with this. A message may not be seen right away but most vets would answer. If they don’t, then call and tell them you sent a message and photo and that you are trying to save them time by doing so. This should help them to decide if she needs to be seen, is fine or even if they need to change her medicine. Jot down any questions you may have any time you communicate with them and give them the details about her eating, drinking, potty or anything you think is normal or abnormal. If you are to the point and efficient, they will grow to love you for that!! Vets love good kitty moms. Your efficiency can make their job easier and they will learn to trust you as a knowledgeable hooman.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know what that might be...anything from a bot fly to an infection to cancer, and anything in between. I know this doesn't help, but your vet will be able to help get this sorted out!

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what that might be...anything from a bot fly to an infection to cancer, and anything in between. I know this doesn't help, but your vet will be able to help get this sorted out!
What kind of cancer could that be? (It’s on her nipple) so breast cancer? (I’ve read that spayed cats have a very low chance of getting breast cancer if they were spayed under 5months of age) (she was spayed at 3months)

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kind of cancer could that be? (It’s on her nipple) so breast cancer? (I’ve read that spayed cats have a very low chance of getting breast cancer if they were spayed under 5months of age) (she was spayed at 3months)
I know your not the vet and probably don’t know the answer to that but I thought I’d ask anyways.

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What does this look like with my cat??? On her nipple she has this weird thing! I’ve taken picture this past week as shown below. She is 2 spayed at 3 months of age, eatting, peeing, pooing, drinking and acting normally. She doesn’t even seem to be licking it or anything like that.

(already messaged the vet)

(just wondering if anyone knew what this might be)
(Does it seem to be getting better?)

Attachments

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What does this look like with my cat??? On her nipple she has this weird thing! I’ve taken picture this past week as shown below. She is 2 spayed at 3 months of age, eatting, peeing, pooing, drinking and acting normally. She doesn’t even seem to be licking it or anything like that.

(already messaged the vet)

(just wondering if anyone knew what this might be)
(Does it seem to be getting better?)
It is half way healed ? Getting better?

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why does my cats nipple look like the skin is pealing off next to it? What does this look like?
(If you can’t tell that white thing under her nipple is a flake of skin pealing off)

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have any other cats? Sometimes kittens suckle on each other and can cause irritation or sores.

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have any other cats? Sometimes kittens suckle on each other and can cause irritation or sores.
She is a 2 year old spayed female! She does have brothers and sisters around her age too though.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry...I was offline for a couple of days, and NOT ignoring you! IF it were cancer, and that is FAR from certain, or even the most likely thing, it would be mammary cancer, breast cancer. But there are SO many other things! I would suggest having your vet check her, though. Just to be sure what you are dealing with, and the proper way to treat it.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does my cats nipple look like the skin is pealing off next to it? What does this look like?
(If you can’t tell that white thing under her nipple is a flake of skin pealing off)

It looks like it is healing now here. Has dvm responded to your pic etc? It looked bfore like the top got cut off, sometimes that happens by accident when the cat is shaved at dvm.

I hope your dvm replies soon.

Here are some links on cat nipples etc.

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! My kitty (Khloe) is 2 years old and was spayed at 4 months old. Within this past week she got into a play fight with her brother and he cut her nipple so that’s what that scab is. It’s been slowly healing and she’s had a course of antibiotics from the vet. But within these last few days she has gotten those strange brown spots around her nipple. What is that? It doesn’t come off. Any clue why this looks like this? There is also minor swelling where the brown/black spots are. Any ideas??

Attachments

Katielacefield

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! My kitty (Khloe) is 2 years old and was spayed at 4 months old. Within this past week she got into a play fight with her brother and he cut her nipple so that’s what that scab is. It’s been slowly healing and she’s had a course of antibiotics from the vet. But within these last few days she has gotten those strange brown spots around her nipple. What is that? It doesn’t come off. Any clue why this looks like this? There is also minor swelling where the brown/black spots are. Any ideas??
The picture also makes her cut look worse than it actually is!