Need An Opinion Please!

kikilove

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any posting with the header "need opinion!" is going to be a very popular thread. ;)
#1 - she's a beautiful cat and you're a beautiful person for adopting a shelter cat and caring as much as you do.
#2 - real men :redheartpump: cats!
#3 - mario brothers rules!
To echo what's already been said, you're doing great. And she's clearly happy to be with you. I'll only weigh in on one thing, as the rest of the team seems to have covered most of the critical issues.
Regarding playing with loose string... I wouldn't recommend that. Cats can (and do) swallow string, ribbon, yarn, etc. - very long pieces, which sometimes pass through but just as likely can get wrapped in their intestines. This is as dangerous as it sounds. And yes, it happened to me (Rose). I didn't realize the danger string (esp string that isn't securely attached to a rod) could present to my baby. She ingested a 3 foot length of lace. $800.00 later, she recovered nicely. But I was lucky as I noticed the lace was missing before it could do too much damage to her. Anyway, I don't mean to scare you... just be careful.
The Linear Foreign Body and Your Cat – Cats and Strings | petMD

Also, Rose is pretty zaftig for a 2 year old, so we're getting serious about her weight. It would be neglegent of me to let her continue at this trajectory. Just saying, I relate to your situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I read your posts and I still think you are not giving her enough time. It takes 6 to 12 months for a cat to settle into their new home=that's why I am saying-slow down. be quiet around her and she will come to you. I have had skittish cats my whole life. They often hide from me for weeks-so I followed the words of a feral cat care taker=she taught me all I know about interacting with cats.

Look her up Taming Gracie's Feral Cat care.

She's the one who taught me to turn sideways with interacting, no talking and hand signals. They are smart animals and get used to patterns..so in the morning...feed her..and tell her you love her...play with her-
Yeah... I'm just gonna ignore you from now on, because I seriously doubt that you're catching on or can comprehend what I was saying in my previous posts. If you were paying the slightest bit of attention, you'd know that she had no problem transitioning from the shelter to my home. She was always cuddly, always affectionate, and was always around me. Then I go out of town for a couple days and she's different. So what ever "spooked" her is what's causing the change in her behavior, and her slowly getting used to me again. I hear what you're saying, but I believe that I am giving her enough space because I can tell that she's slowly getting used to me again. I'm not around her 24/7 like before cause I want to give her her space. She does her own thing and that's that. The past few days she has cuddled into me. And even today she actually came into my room, jumped onto my lap, and cuddled into me while I was playing on the computer. So I appreciate what you're saying, but for the sake of arguments, please don't talk to me again, okay? Thanks and have a nice day!

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any posting with the header "need opinion!" is going to be a very popular thread. ;)
#1 - she's a beautiful cat and you're a beautiful person for adopting a shelter cat and caring as much as you do.
#2 - real men :redheartpump: cats!
#3 - mario brothers rules!
To echo what's already been said, you're doing great. And she's clearly happy to be with you. I'll only weigh in on one thing, as the rest of the team seems to have covered most of the critical issues.
Regarding playing with loose string... I wouldn't recommend that. Cats can (and do) swallow string, ribbon, yarn, etc. - very long pieces, which sometimes pass through but just as likely can get wrapped in their intestines. This is as dangerous as it sounds. And yes, it happened to me (Rose). I didn't realize the danger string (esp string that isn't securely attached to a rod) could present to my baby. She ingested a 3 foot length of lace. $800.00 later, she recovered nicely. But I was lucky as I noticed the lace was missing before it could do too much damage to her. Anyway, I don't mean to scare you... just be careful.
The Linear Foreign Body and Your Cat – Cats and Strings | petMD

Also, Rose is pretty zaftig for a 2 year old, so we're getting serious about her weight. It would be neglegent of me to let her continue at this trajectory. Just saying, I relate to your situation.
Thanks.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YOU ALL LIVE UNDER THE SAME ROOF RIGHT?
IMO IT WOULDN'T BE "PASSING OFF" SINCE YOU ALL ARE ALREADY LIVING TOGETHER...........
I'm not sure what the rules/laws in your country or state are, but rules are rules. I don't get why you're getting so bent out of shape for.... geesh... take a chill pill or something.

Mike89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!!!
So Tammy is getting used to me over the past few days. She's gotten on my lap several times, and even today she was brave enough to come into my room, come over to me while I'm at the computer, jump onto my lap, and cuddle into me. So it's progress.

heathensservant

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks so much like the little miss that just adopted us. A good toy to give after the laser pointer is those little red pom poms for crafting. All 3 of my cats go crazy for the pointer, and when I'm done, I throw a pom pom on the floor in front of each of them and they freak out on it. lol I also have a little 2 sectioned box that I put a few of the pom poms in and they love digging them out of the box and chasing them around. Plus, you can get a bag of 50 of them for a couple of dollars. And they somehow always wind up in weird places or missing. lol
pompoms.jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what the rules/laws in your country or state are, but rules are rules. I don't get why you're getting so bent out of shape for.... geesh... take a chill pill or something.
If you didn't want my opinion you shouldn't have asked for it in the title of your thread. I got so upset because you said you were seriously considering returning Tammy just because she wasn't doing what you wanted her to do. Lastly, the same roof is the same roof. Since I am no longer allowed to post my opinion without being insulted I am adding this thread to my unwatch list.

JannyCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it just me (Yeah, I know this is an old thread) or does this guy seem like a troll?

Like dude, your wordy posts are too much, cats are not THAT much work. I currently have 8 of them in my house right now. It seems you're over thinking, over worrying and stressing the cat out. Feed it (all the posts about feeding, my god, it's not rocket science!), make sure she has fresh water and clean litter and let her do her thing. You're not doing her any favors by transferring your stress onto her. Getting angry at people who are trying to help you speaks volumes about you.