Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ok, no one is addressing the black, tarry, runny stools, so I will. Please get to the new Vet first thing in morning, if not to an emergency vet today. That is never a good sign and normally we recommend an immediate Vet visit when that happens. It's usually a sign of internal bleeding, having nothing to do with the kidneys though.

Also, what did the Vet say when they released her back into your care? Had her kidney values gone back done? Why did they say she might need to be re-hospitalized? Still need more information.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
did the vet or the person at the front desk refuse to give you the copies of the blood work? Not every vet knows what goes on in his office. Except every last one of them knows how much they charge for stuff, don't believe one that says otherwise.
I asked both of them and was told that they alone keep them for in the pets record. I said I understand but I would like to have a copy for my own to. And they said that they don't do that.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked both of them and was told that they alone keep them for in the pets record. I said I understand but I would like to have a copy for my own to. And they said that they don't do that.
I would say "well, then find a way". Surely they have a scanner or a copy machine or could just print out a copy. That's insanity, they're the medical records of your pet, and therefore belong to you.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a cat at an emergency vet for an entire weekend and when we checked out they gave us a copy of his records they took while he was there without us even asking. I could tell you that at 7:15 on X date this cat had a low heart rate but was purring softly and had peed in his box.
It's frustrating enough when your pet is sick but when you have a vet that's non-cooperative and treats you like you're just an over anxious owner, it makes things 2000 times worse :angryfire:

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What IT worse is every single time I go into visit my girl her liter box is totally soaked every single day, every inch of the box and I have to get on to them about changing it!!! I don't use the cheap clay litter they are doing with her, I use the corn cob litter for her. As it doesn't kill her feet .

squirrelymonki

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What IT worse is every single time I go into visit my girl her liter box is totally soaked every single day, every inch of the box and I have to get on to them about changing it!!! I don't use the cheap clay litter they are doing with her, I use the corn cob litter for her. As it doesn't kill her feet .
You need a new vet. This place gives me the creeps, and she is in need of continuous, prompt care.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need a new vet. This place gives me the creeps, and she is in need of continuous, prompt care.
Couldn't agree more. They should at least keep her box clean. A dirty box is a deterrent for a lot of cats, and not a good thing if your cat has kidney problems.....their box should be kept spotless to encourage elimination........

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that it's just me being overly concerned about it. This is my baby girl who they are messing with after all. I've been in protecting mama mode this week with her. So thank you.

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As you can tell I am stressed out to max .

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow's another day and there are other vets out there. Do your best to relax, you can help her best that way :hellocomputer:
Try to get some rest tonight, and some answers tomorrow :wave3:

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just got done talking to her vet, she's doing a complete turn about today. Kidney function great, heart, liver, all great NOW. And NOW normal stool. Might get to come home tonight . I Have missed her so much that it physically hurts like crazy. Much love to you all.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad she is doing better despite the terrible conditions at the vet.

When you get her back it will be time to look for a new vet. You can get the new one to do a physical with bloodwork so you will know where she stands at this moment and s/he will have a baseline for future reference.

If your old vet won't send any records to the new one, odds are the new one will know this about the old vet. Word does get around.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that you and Dolly are going through this. This might be better as its own thread in the cat health forum. I think it's time to have "that" talk with Dolly's vet. That's what I would do. Ask him/her what they would do if Dolly were their cat. I'm going to flag your post and ask a mod to put this on the cat health forum. Not that you did anything wrong but it will get more views there and you will get the advice and support you need and deserve. Much love to you and sweet Dolly. :hugs:
May God be with u n ure sweet kitty

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well she's ate good tonight both times at 6pm and 9pm and then she was still acting like she was a little bit hungry still so she had a little bit more at 9:30pm before bed. She slept with me on the bed in the middle between me and her mini schnauzer brother all night purring. It's so good to have my baby girl home...

Status
Not open for further replies.