Need advice on coccidia, Ponazuril and vinly plank flooring

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was a mouthful! I have 2 adult male cats that Albon is not working on so probably going to have to go the Marquis route and probably have to pay way too much. Anyway I have a ? that might seem weird, but I honestly don't know. Does anyone know what would disinfect vinyl plank flooring besides bleach water? I cannot use bleach on this flooring nor steam it. Hope someone has some answers. I don't want to wreck my floors, they are new. Thanks!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
List N Advanced Search Page: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) | US EPA

I do see your point as when I started to search the results sort of merged into cleaning vs disinfecting. Bob Vila says ACV but that is not a disinfectant.

You did not ask about COVID but this list is from the EPA and lists cleaners that they feel disinfect. If they are safe on your floors, I don't know, nor am I sure about their use around animals. I think that most are bleach or ammonia based with a couple exceptions though.

bear

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you know the manuafacturer of the flooring, send them a question.
With CoVID recently, this question is bound to have come up with their customer service reps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
List N Advanced Search Page: Disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) | US EPA

I do see your point as when I started to search the results sort of merged into cleaning vs disinfecting. Bob Vila says ACV but that is not a disinfectant.

You did not ask about COVID but this list is from the EPA and lists cleaners that they feel disinfect. If they are safe on your floors, I don't know, nor am I sure about their use around animals. I think that most are bleach or ammonia based with a couple exceptions though.
Thank you for the link!!! I didn't even think about that and I had looked through those when covid first started. Well I need to find out if peroxide hurts this floor and I think that would also be gentle enough for my animals. I had no idea these floors were going to be this much of a pain. And I want to disinfect because of coccidia. Thanks!!!

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you know the manuafacturer of the flooring, send them a question.
With CoVID recently, this question is bound to have come up with their customer service reps.
I do not know. The house we bought had it already put in, but I have looked this up every way you can think of and it's like everything else, they give you a lot of BS info just so you'll look at their site. But I could call a local Home Depot, they might know. Thank you!!!

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow thanks! Appreciate it, never heard of it hope I can use it. I called Home Depot just because they sell that type of flooring and she said it has to be PH balanced whatever I use on floor. Touchy floors I'm telling you. Thanks!