Need advice on best possible diet for my cat

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there any supplements or additives that I should add like bone broth, salmon oil, goats milk, freeze dried raw food toppers etc?
...the only off-the-shelf supplement I would recommend is Omega 3 oils (from an animal source, not a vegetable source.) This is one my vet agrees on and she says the research backs it up: Omega 3 oils provide a variety of measurable health and longevity improvements.
I also wholeheartedly recommend Omega 3's for everyone! They help control inflammation, which can then keep so many other ailments controlled. In our case, they almost completely eliminated my cats' environmental allergies, and it greatly helps my cat with IBD keep his symptoms controlled.

This article explains it far better than I ever could -

As a doctor, I usually don’t worry too much about whether or not my feline patients are getting adequate amounts of their required essential fatty acids. I’m typically more concerned about how I can use essential fatty acids, specifically fish oil (high in Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA), to improve my patients’ health and help me fight disease in a natural way. Because of their ability to decrease inflammation in the body, Omega-3 fatty acids are helpful for numerous inflammatory conditions that occur in cats. These conditions include, but are not limited to, skin diseases (especially allergies), asthma, gastrointestinal disease (especially inflammatory bowel disease), arthritis, diseases of the immune system, and any kind of cancer.
Essential fatty acids for felines

Omega 3's from small fish are recommended over larger fish; also be aware that cats can not absorb plant-based sources of Omega 3's such as flaxseed. We used Nordic Naturals for years, until one day both cats refused to eat it any more. We've since switched to alternating between NOW Pets Omega 3 Support capsules (I puncture them and mix into wet food) and Omega 3 capsules made for humans.

https://www.chewy.com/now-pets-omega-3-support-dog-cat/dp/167183

Astragal14

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i am looking for an organic turkey broth to add to her canned food. it is too dry for her. i have been adding a mineral water but i am thinking she may enjoy the flavor of a broth. any suggestions?
I highly recommend Nugget's Bone Brew, it was recommended to us by a veterinary nutritionist over other brands. It's sold frozen, so it's not shelf stable and it may be harder to find but it's worth it. It turns into a jello-like consistency in the refrigerator, so I wonder if it has more collagen than the other shelf-stable brands (such as Open Farm or Stella and Chewy). Primal Pet Foods also has frozen broth options that are very popular and I see them in more stores than Nugget's, so they're probably more widely available. I personally prefer Nugget's because it has fewer ingredients and Primal has a lot of unnecessary extras.

Bone Brew — Nugget's Healthy Eats

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I highly recommend Nugget's Bone Brew, it was recommended to us by a veterinary nutritionist over other brands. It's sold frozen, so it's not shelf stable and it may be harder to find but it's worth it. It turns into a jello-like consistency in the refrigerator, so I wonder if it has more collagen than the other shelf-stable brands (such as Open Farm or Stella and Chewy). Primal Pet Foods also has frozen broth options that are very popular and I see them in more stores than Nugget's, so they're probably more widely available. I personally prefer Nugget's because it has fewer ingredients and Primal has a lot of unnecessary extras.

Bone Brew — Nugget's Healthy Eats
finally got a chance to ck replies! thnx for the info. i wl ck it out! in my panic i got "open farm" in turkey. i am going to compare! :thanks:shegets 2 oz daily. i freeze i oz in cube tray