Need Advice On Best Litter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 10yr old cat and need advice on best clumping cat litter to get thats easy on his old paws and good for respiratory problems

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The least dusty litter I found so far is made from grass seed (Smart Cat or So Phresh from petco, unfortunately chewy’s Frisco grass seed is more dusty than other two), I use it for my asthmatic cat. It’s natural, gentle and cats love it, but it tracks and it’s expensive. It clumps extremely good though.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I've been having trouble finding a clumping litter that doesn't stick to my boy's paws, but that aside, you could try dr elseys, or tidy cat :)

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The litter I'm hooked on is Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra. It's 99% dust free and is a hard clumping litter. I don't know if it sticks to their paws or not because they have a good ol' time kicking any litter around, so it's all over no matter what.
https://www.chewy.com/dr-elseys-pre...MI9NfguZGW4QIV5R-tBh0jzQ7cEAQYASABEgKc0fD_BwE
I found it at the pet store on the mountain. And if I can find it, anyone can.

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
our cat had trouble walking on some cat litters, but he does fine with dr elsey's precious cat ultra. it's low dust, although it does track, but i can live with that because of the advantages.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the World's Best Cat Litter. Multi cat version. Has some dust but it's not as bad as others and it's corn based so it's natural.

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the World's Best Cat Litter. Multi cat version. Has some dust but it's not as bad as others and it's corn based so it's natural.
HK limped when we filled up a box with world's best :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I've been having trouble finding a clumping litter that doesn't stick to my boy's paws, but that aside, you could try dr elseys, or tidy cat :)
Hey .When I say easy on paws I mean also for the litter not to hurt his paws.Sorry for not making my question more clearer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
our cat had trouble walking on some cat litters, but he does fine with dr elsey's precious cat ultra. it's low dust, although it does track, but i can live with that because of the advantages.
Yea.Cause some litters can be hard on their little paws

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you're near a Walmart - you could look into littermaid's walnut, it's very soft. It doesn't clump all that well, but what I'm doing is a mix of the walnut, dr elsey's and tidy cat.
You could try mixing a couple of litters and see if you get something your kitty likes :)

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra for the lack of dust.

However, when I had a very old cat who didn't walk much and was afraid she'd ingest the litter I got her wheat litter. It clumped, but then she always stayed put when she peed and didn't stir the litter up afterward. It was incredibly soft. And it didn't hurt her if she licked it off her paws and swallowed it. She liked it the day I put it in her box the first time.

since you are only buying for one cat, buy the smaller bags, so it won't sit in your house too long. The bag can't be resealed and you don't want it to attract bugs. If it had something to keep it from attracting bugs, you wouldn't want it.

cuppa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also use Smart Cat grass litter. It tracks terribly, but there's barely any dust, and it clumps better than any other litter I've used. It also naturally smells nice: like grass. It sticks to my cats paws about as much as any clay litter did. In my opinion, it's a little softer than clay, but not by much. It's pretty expensive too.

If you ever want to try it, I'd suggest ordering it on Chewy. The Smart Cat website (pioneer pet) charges an arm and a leg for shipping

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're near a Walmart - you could look into littermaid's walnut, it's very soft. It doesn't clump all that well, but what I'm doing is a mix of the walnut, dr elsey's and tidy cat.
You could try mixing a couple of litters and see if you get something your kitty likes :)
I just recently switched from a hard clumping clay based litter to this brand of walnut based cat litter from Wal Mart. It is working well for my boy. It clumps alright. I am not having nearly as much tracking. The other thing I have noticed is less smell when I scoop and dispose of the litter.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The thinnest most dust free litter I’ve probably ever used was so phresh crystal litter from petco. It’s almost like sand and since it’s crystal it has almost no dust at all. My cats loved it. It isn’t my favorite to scoop but if you keep up with scooping and don’t let pee sit for more than a few hrs then it’s great.