need advice on aggressive behavior

chloeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi I have 4 kittens.1 female  1yr 1 male 1yr and  and another 2 males 5 and 6 months.. After the initial teething problems they

seemed to be getting along fine.The female,chloe is very independent,picky eater,a little princess really.  She only just tolerates her 

brothers.Cole,Gremlin and Gizmo get along famously.Unfortunately i work long hours but all 4 greet me at the door,everyday.I give them supper

,clean their boxes  play with them for a bit and all is well.They play with each other ,no aggression.however today was different.got home

followed normal routine but as I was getting ready to bathe.They were around me as usual and then I heard the most horrific screeching,hissing and howling.When I got to the living room,I was surprised to find Gremlin my ginger  male hissing and growling at chloe,this has never happened before.

I kept them apart.Neither were aggressive toward me.Every time Chloe came anywhere near him, He growled,mewled and hissed.And she looked calm but kept going as close as she could and then rub herself on the cushions.Everytime he screeched,she behaved like I had just given her catnip.

Iv examined them both to the best of my ability and neither seem to be hurt  in any way but something must have happened while I was at work.

They seem to be calm  when Im in the room with them.Iv got to work tomorrow and dont know if I should seperate them or not.

thanks for reading this far.

Any suggestions?

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first question would be, are all of the cats spayed/neutered?  If not, it should be done ASAP.  The aggression could be hormone related.

If they are all spayed/neutered then it might just be a territory spat.  Cats all need to have territory and there also needs to be an alpha cat.  The alpha cat will be in charge and if someone else comes into the territory, they may be chased away.  The alpha cat is not always the first cat to arrive or the strongest/boldest.  They also may be working out their hierarchy.  For now I would keep an eye on them and only separate if it results in fur flying brawl. 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chloe IS the princess, I know that most of my females always ruled with an iron paw, they always kept the boys in line! As long as you don't see her being aggressive when you are there, it most likely is an alpha cat thing. Good luck, and keep us posted!