Need Advice From Other Rescue "Parents"

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, as many of us have experienced, I've had four really tough animal situations in a row that have knocked me for a loop. I can be a tiger mom on behalf of others but sometimes, like this time, I feel defeated, inadequate, and without hope. I'm reliving past situations that ended badly and imagining the worst outcomes for my current situations.

I've had a little luck making myself go through my regular routine, distracting myself with TV (as much as my short attention that comes with panic will allow) and doing research so that I have as much information as possible about the law in my county in regard to cats. But if someone out there has any other tricks for getting a footing, I'd really appreciate it.

Friends and relatives try to be supportive, but they just can't relate.

Thank you.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You did mention that you were going to call an animal attorney. That might give you some empowerment once you talk to that person. Do you have any other cat people around you like rescues? They could possibly be good to talk to, not about taking cats, but just to relate to others who have been in your situation. If you are referring to the car cover situation, I also get very upset when an animal is threatened and it does sort of black out the sun. Are you taking care of yourself?

Animal Caretaker Burnout

This article is from Best Friends and is very supportive in tone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to (take care of myself.) I appreciate your advice. I have reached out to other rescue people and one is going to relay my question to an attorney friend. Given our history, I'm leaning away from making an offer to my litigious neighbor.
Thanks for the link.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You did mention that you were going to call an animal attorney. That might give you some empowerment once you talk to that person. Do you have any other cat people around you like rescues? They could possibly be good to talk to, not about taking cats, but just to relate to others who have been in your situation. If you are referring to the car cover situation, I also get very upset when an animal is threatened and it does sort of black out the sun. Are you taking care of yourself?

Animal Caretaker Burnout

This article is from Best Friends and is very supportive in tone.
I printed the article. Thanks again. Best Friends is my go-to.