Need Advice For Putting A Senior Cat On Diet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phobebon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

Here's an update on our progress. We started on walks like 2 weeks ago and slowly increase the duration from 5 mins to more.

Have to go slow as he is a scaredy cat and the moment he hears sound, he will run home! We go for our walks in the morning wee hours.

Weight seems like not much change even with the walks (well, i doubt it is enough activity tho) but i can see the body shape is better (less rounder but more muscular especially around the tummy area).

For food, i m down to 245 calories, not sure if i should proceed with reducing further, slowly of course. Does anyone have any experience in the numbers?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
but i can see the body shape is better (less rounder but more muscular especially around the tummy area).
:yess: this is marvelous, good for you!! Oh, I'm tickled pink for you both, in just a couple weeks!

I don't have knowledge about specific numbers.

What if you stay the course for a bit longer, maybe just a small decrease in calories while you work on increasing the time of the walks?

Last edited:

phobebon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:yess: this is marvelous, good for you!! Oh, I'm tickled pink for you both, in just a couple weeks!

I don't have knowledge about specific numbers.

What if you stay the course for a bit longer, maybe just a small decrease in calories while you work on increasing the time of the walks?
Thanks for the encouragement! Will definitely do it slow and get him to gain more mileage in walking. Hopefully we see more results soon.

phobebon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha! Good news is today weight is down by 110grams which is 3.88oz :yess:
At least a little progress wins no progress!

:hyper::hyper: We will need to keep up with the walks!