Need Advice For Licorice Please~~

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot to ask- is she still staying with her "family"? When are they moving for certain?

I will do what I can to help, E! My husband would be interested, but we are still renting and do not have a fenced yard. It wouldn't be fair to the poor pup to be inside all the time! They are such high energy dogs, they need space to move.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you check to see if there's a purebred Border Collie rescue that could take her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This has consumed my time the past couple of weeks. I have found out she is a Spaniel/lab mix and PNWBC Rescue will not take her. I cannot begin to tell you how much time and effort I have put out on this, becuase I want to save her from a certain death and see it through.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this! Please don't give up, E!!!!

You are an angel for caring this much! I'll say many prayers for you and Licorice

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elizabeth, is there any way you can bring her to your yard? Even if you can't bring her inside, if you keep her for a few weeks, and work with her, she will "show" much better when people are interested in adopting. You could try to teach her a few tricks, and take her for more walks. And it would give her more time.

Poor Licorice, and poor Elizabeth! You have put so much into this dog!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This afternoon, we had a visit from a redheaded angel by the name of Maribeth, who got out of her truck with her 16 month old German Shepherd, Dakota, to meet Licorice and see if there was a match. From the minute Maribeth stepped into Licorice's yard, it was wonderful. Not only did Dakota and Licorice just click as new brother and older sister, they played and played, talked, communicated, sat, drank water together, and I have never seen Licorice so happy. It was a little overwhelming for me, as two months ago I couldn't honestly tell you why I felt this duty had come my way.

Licorice and Dakota were great together. She did not want to escape, she didn't show any signs of anxiety, she was happy, calm, relaxed, perky, playful, and smiling. She simply beamed.

Maribeth drove all the way to Maple Valley in rush hour, to do this. She is truly a good spirit, and what a gift she has with dogs!! She is the best possible person and new home for Licorice, who will have a new yard, a bed!! treats!! and a new baby brother that she appears to be bonding with already. Best of a all, Maribeth wanted to take her tonight, to get her off the awful chain as soon as possible. She will be inside for the first time in 5 years.

It will be a slow integration, but Licorice was blessed. She showed her happiness by climbing into Maribeth's truck and waiting patiently, happily, to get on the road.

May Licorice's good spirit shine on every dog.

Here she is with her new brother, Dakota, and her new owner.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I couldn't be any happier right now!!! E, you are such an angel!!! This is WONDERFUL!!! It really seems like fate to me...I cried when i saw those pictures!!!

Licorice is FINALLY going to get the treatment she deserves!!! How did Licorice's original owners feel about this?

Oh gosh, I don't even know what to say right now, I'm soooooo happy!!!

Will this lady keep in contact with you? I sure hope so!!!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You're such an angel for working so hard to save this dog! Bless you!