Need advice about my injured cat

Would you take a chance at resetting it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Offthesauce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats toe is broken or jammed to the point that it's impacted into her paw. It's very painful for her and I'm screwed on a vet until at least tomorrow. I've attached a few photos (that were very hard to focus in on) and I would like to know if there's any bit of a chance that I can pull it out for her. I don't plan on touching her but I'm getting kind of desperate watching her go thru this, knowing I can't get her seen right now. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I have to agree that confining her in a crate or other location like a small bathroom is best. Failing that, there might be an ER vet available? I would not try to pull the toe back out. It is trickier than it seems if you are not trained to do this and if the toe is broken, or part of the foot is injured, you could make it worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Offthesauce

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! I have to agree that confining her in a crate or other location like a small bathroom is best. Failing that, there might be an ER vet available? I would not try to pull the toe back out. It is trickier than it seems if you are not trained to do this and if the toe is broken, or part of the foot is injured, you could make it worse.
Thanks for the reply. We chose to wait til the next day. The ER would have cost us 1500 and they would not have been able to do anything other than ridiculously overpriced ex-rays and pain meds. The actual vet took some images and pulled the toe out pretty much just like I wanted to but for about 1300 less. The cat looks much better and her toe looks pretty normal now. Thank you for the input!