Need a rescue pick me up?

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Darla, she is one of a litter of four who were born feral. One by one they came down with eye infections, so the mom abandoned them.....at 3 weeks old. I took them in and applied meds to their eyes, bottlefed and wiped bottoms. They all had a miraculous recovery and were adopted to great homes. Darla's was the greatest transformation.

View media item 232558View media item 232559

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for caring for these kittens and finding them loving homes.  You are their angel.  They were all lucky to have found you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I feel lucky to have been their foster mom. It's a blessing to see them come so far in the couple months I have with them. Such a rewarding experience!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Awww, thanks for sharing that.  Lucky kitties to have wound up in your care.  

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for this happy end - story!

I Think Darla is a Point.   Are they all littermates Points, or its just her?   Do you know how mom was in appearance?  I presume you dont know who father was...   If there is one or two pointed kittens in the litter, the parents dont need to be pointed themselves, its enough they are Carriers of the Point gene.

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Darla was the only point in her litter. Her littermates were an orange and white bi color, a brown tabby and a black and white bi color. Her mom was mostly orange and white with some brown tabby markings. I assume her dad is a point.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Darla was the only point in her litter. Her littermates were an orange and white bi color, a brown tabby and a black and white bi color. Her mom was mostly orange and white with some brown tabby markings. I assume her dad is a point.
I see.  Its quite probable the dad wasnt not a point he neither.   If both  parents were carriers of the point gene, it would typically give 1 pointed kitten of four.

But he could be a point, and mom a carrier as we know she must be.  The statistical outcome would be 2 pointed kittens of four

Nice with some variation!      :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
How gorgeous.. Trixie has completely won me over..

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had no idea about the point gene, very interesting.
Thanks Mani, Trixie was actually adopted with Cassidy, two for one deal lol.
I personally think Darla is the most precious, but Scout's personality is the best.....total love bug. But here's another of Trixie. It was taken with a crappy cell phone but I love it!