Need a recommendation for an air purifier machine for cat odor

Bwwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have tried everything including angry orange. Wondering if a clean air machine would work

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of odor are you talking about? Litter box? Urine outside of the litterbox? General cat odor? An air purifier won't help if you don't pinpoint the exact source of the odor and take steps to minimize it. Do you own a cat?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if its litter box odor you just clean the box more often is all use a smaller lidded trash can to hold the poop/pee you scoop out add a few lumps of plain charcoal(not the fuel soaked type)then empty the poop can every other day or so no smell the lumps of coal absorb the smell easy peasy

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One other thing that really helps cat box odor is to line the box with a puppy pad. It prevents urine from caking in the corners and also keeps the plastic on the box from getting stinky.
Thinking maybe I’ll do this but how does this work with scooping? Seems like the pad would get all bunched up as soon as you scooped the box?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking maybe I’ll do this but how does this work with scooping? Seems like the pad would get all bunched up as soon as you scooped the box?
It scoops just fine. The pad stays at the bottom. Sometimes it gets scratched but they are thick and don’t tear apart. I Use OUT extra large.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your help. Yes it is the litter box
There's a TCS article on how to deal with litter box odors:

Where do you keep the litter box and what brand of litter do you use? Liter box odors are more noticeable in a poorly ventilated room and with some types of litters.

How often do you clean the box? Daily scooping is recommended.

What do you feed the cat? Cats who eat dry food have super stinky poop. The odor is less for most cats eating a canned food diet. Many raw fed cats have nearly odorless poop.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bwwhite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s actually the urine that is so bad

Holistic Cat Mama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tried everything including angry orange. Wondering if a clean air machine would work
OH ME TOO! I looked yesterday on Amazon but they were too expensive! I rescued some cats and kittens and have 14 in my apt right now! Pee yoooo!