Need a queen for my baby boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Most people don't 1) cut back on feeding after neutering, and 2) overfeed dry food in the first place
It really is owner error, not the fault of the cat. That being said I am totally at fault too.

I would never fault the cat, but it is hard when you are feeding so many cats, to get their feeding just right.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I will never forget a cat my friend rescued. She had 3 huge sacks in her. Luckily she made it. A Male cat will do it once then over and over again.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I will never forget a cat my friend rescued. She had 3 huge sacks in her. Luckily she made it. A Male cat will do it once then over and over again.

Actually she is the one who guarantees survival of the species by mating with several different males to ensure pregnancy.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the bottom line here though is WHY. Why does the OP want to breed? I don't believe there has been a clearly stated reason and to come on a very VERY pro neuter cat forum you need to explain yourself. You say he is not a stud and you are not a breeder but you are intending on your cat to reproduce which does in fact make you a breeder. YOU are letting this happen. So why. Please enlighten us.
It sounds to me as though the OP wants Kaiser to breed simply because he wants Kaiser to have sexual experiences. I don't think the OP is motivated by producing kittens.

In my opinion, providing a male cat with sexual experiences is not a good reason to bring kittens into the world, especially if you don't believe in spaying and neutering cats... wouldn't that mean that the kittens would then also remain whole, and be bred to some other cats, so that they could have sex, too?

If Kaiser isn't spraying and isn't behaving aggressively, it doesn't sound like he is sexually frustrated. Some male cats are fine remaining whole and do not become sexually frustrated until they start being introduced to females. If he seems okay now and the OP does not want to neuter him, I would actually suggest keeping him away from females. If he does start mating with females, he might actually become more sexually frustrated when females are not available, and the situation may become more troublesome... this is often the case with stud cats, as StefanZ StefanZ noted.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me as though the OP wants Kaiser to breed simply because he wants Kaiser to have sexual experiences. I don't think the OP is motivated by producing kittens.

In my opinion, providing a male cat with sexual experiences is not a good reason to bring kittens into the world, especially if you don't believe in spaying and neutering cats... wouldn't that mean that the kittens would then also remain whole, and be bred to some other cats, so that they could have sex, too?

If Kaiser isn't spraying and isn't behaving aggressively, it doesn't sound like he is sexually frustrated. Some male cats are fine remaining whole and do not become sexually frustrated until they start being introduced to females. If he seems okay now and the OP does not want to neuter him, I would actually suggest keeping him away from females. If he does start mating with females, he might actually become more sexually frustrated when females are not available, and the situation may become more troublesome... this is often the case with stud cats, as StefanZ StefanZ noted.

It does not take mating with a female to become a sexually frustrated male cat. Kaiser will become sexually frustrated the moment he smells and hears an unfixed female outside

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does not take mating with a female to become a sexually frustrated male cat. Kaiser will become sexually frustrated the moment he smells and hears an unfixed female outside
It really depends on the cat. Some males can go to cat shows for months, and have whole females rolling in heat in the cage right next to them, and still remain quite innocent until they are bred... other males become hormonal and frustrated without ever seeing or smelling a girl. Since he's a Persian he is probably more calm than the average male cat, but every cat is different.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends on the cat. Some males can go to cat shows for months, and have whole females rolling in heat in the cage right next to them, and still remain quite innocent until they are bred... other males become hormonal and frustrated without ever seeing or smelling a girl. Since he's a Persian he is probably more calm than the average male cat, but every cat is different.

Interesting.
Our male Himmi was diagnosed with a severe heart murmur so we put off getting him neutered for three years. He would become extremely agitated and would throw himself at the back door anytime he sensed an unfixed female was around..

Status
Not open for further replies.