Need A New Refrigerator

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself just received, by e-mail, a bill from the repair service for today's visit and the bushing that was ordered. Three figures to the left of the decimal point.

He called Home Depot and spoke to an assistant manager. She tried to tell him it is LG's problem because Home Depot doesn't manufacture refrigerators.

Apparently Home Depot doesn't appear to take responsibility for the delivery service they used. Who are clearly the ones who created the problem in the first place.

They went round and round. She then tried to convince him to pay the bill and submit it to Home Depot for reimbursement.

He said hell would freeze over first.

No doubt there will be another charge when the repair man comes next Friday to install this $4 part.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh h e double hockey sticks no!! We’ve only bought one appliance from HD and that went fine. But that’s absolutely unacceptable!! What kind of company causes a problem and doesn’t take responsibility. :mad: I’m glad your Himself is standing up to them because I bet some people would just pay it.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't dealt with Home Depot, so I don't know if this is their usual way of doing business. LG is going to say that it was an issue with setting up the refrigerator, so they aren't responsible. I think the issue was with delivery and setup which would be Home Depot.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. This is insane and 100% HD's fault. I would not waste one second going through LG because they will tell you it was a delivery/set up issue and they would be correct. I'd go straight to HD corporate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see I never provided the end of this saga. The hinge was fixed, we did not pay anything to anyone, and Home Depot refunded some money to our credit card. Still not delighted with this refrigerator but not really able to buy a different one just because I don't really like this one. Food is kept cold, ice cream remains frozen, I have a small flashlight in the recess of the door to light the dark corners.