Need a grooming clipper, professional grade

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need to give my kitty a lion cut as it is now medically necessary. She was shaved during hairball obstruction surgery but I need to maintain it. I have this one but I need something better. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HRSZRXM/?tag=thecatsite

Do not buy this one. Despite rave 5 star reviews, it doesn't shave down ragdoll kitty. Very uneven cut and the battery charge doesn't even last 5 minutes.

Any recommendation?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since you haven't gotten any responses, why not ask your Vet, since they did the initial shave. Or call a grooming service and ask what they use. I think most people here probably take their cats to the groomers when they need to be trimmed for any reason. At least that's what I've read most of the time

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think just buying a used Oster clipper from eBay or Craig's List might be a good solution. Maybe Wahl as an alternative. Professionals use those.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since you haven't gotten any responses, why not ask your Vet, since they did the initial shave. Or call a grooming service and ask what they use. I think most people here probably take their cats to the groomers when they need to be trimmed for any reason. At least that's what I've read most of the time
They can do grooming but I would have to give her gabapentin every time I bring her and she would have to drop her off. I was thinking to do the grooming myself to reduce stress. I ordered same clipper most groomers use.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Andes UltraEdge. It is okay. I would suggest buying an extra blade and cooling/cleaner spray. It is bad when you are in the middle of a clip and realize your blade is dull. I may try another brand next time. Look to spend at least $150 for a decent clipper.