Need 3 harnesses and 3 leashes, need suggestions

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since i'm moving in 3 weeks, it's time to get this done.

I want to put harnesses on all 3 cats, and keep leashes with the carriers just in case.

I have one gorilla at 21 pounds, one medium sized cat and one dainty one.

I need recommendations on good harnesses, i scoured amazon and even looking in CAT harnesses 99% of them are for dogs and I have no clue how they translate.

Can someone help me get an idea? I'd like to order in the next day or two

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I've bought this one before, they are designed for cats, but we also used it on my mother in law's puppy as she was only about 10 inches long and could slip through the ones like this :

In my experience these are all much the same, small and just about adjustable for a small adult.

or the exact one we have;
These harnesses are less strain as they have wider fittings and you slip the head over and then do up the stomach bit.

Have your cats ever worn harnesses before? Mine hated it, she just goes stiff and yowls on her side. I read guides on how to train her to like it, but she really couldn't even bear to eat treats when it was near her so in the end I kinda gave up.

Certainly for the largest cat the type of  harness on the second link would probably be better, the lead ring loop bit is sewn in on top of the jacket in the middle so it would not pull tight on his neck and you may feel more secure. I'd also recommend a wider lead for the large cat the ones that come with the harnesses are short and feel rather flimsy. 

hope this helps!  (I'm not sure my links are going to work)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No those  listed work just fine. i measured their necks and got the right size

I got one large (for wilbur) and two medium for Tinker and Pickle :)

THANK YOU

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No problem hope your move goes well.

if they are outdoor, those harnesses could come in handy for the first couple of weeks to "show them round" anyway :)