Nee

Wrenaholliday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, my cat Suellen is about to have her second litter of kittens. I kept two males from the previous litter assuming that we would be able to get her spayed before she got pregnant again. The boys are 4 months old now and I’m a bit worried about how they will act around a new litter. We also live in a very tiny house and it will be very hard for us to keep them seperate as we dont have doors seperating rooms. Any suggestions of what we should do, and how we should expect our male kittens to act around this new litter? Will they try to attack or eat the kittens or will they understand they are not prey??

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It will be OK, as they are pals with the momma. So they wont attack. What may happen, is they want to play too rough. OR be scared of these smalls, and instead of just flee, they may whack with the paw first... So, the first meeting should be superwised till you are sure everyone is OK.
That said, if they arent neutered as yet, its high time to do so NOW.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do not let the momma back outside at all (assuming this is how she get pregnant, if it wasn't by her sons). This is so close together to be pregnant again. I hope she does ok but be prepared for emergencies. Are the boys neutered yet? No reason they can't/shouldn't be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wrenaholliday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please do not let the momma back outside at all (assuming this is how she get pregnant, if it wasn't by her sons). This is so close together to be pregnant again. I hope she does ok but be prepared for emergencies. Are the boys neutered yet? No reason they can't/shouldn't be.
[/QUOT

Wrenaholliday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was still nursing her first litter when she got pregnant. I’m pretty sure she found the same Tom as last time because I see them together sometimes. I will also be getting the boys neutered November 13th. Everything should be okay. Their schedules shouldn’t cross over. I live on a small island where I need to schedule a trip into town with the vet. We have a CATS society here that recommended me to wait until 5mos before getting the kittens “fixed”. My queen is totally fine. Shes in labour right now and doing beautifully.

• Purraise
Reactions: jen

Wrenaholliday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It will be OK, as they are pals with the momma. So they wont attack. What may happen, is they want to play too rough. OR be scared of these smalls, and instead of just flee, they may whack with the paw first... So, the first meeting should be superwised till you are sure everyone is OK.
That said, if they arent neutered as yet, its high time to do so NOW.
Thats the reassurance I was hoping for. We will keep a watchful eye.

Thank you!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh ok, other countries or more remote areas might wait longer. It can be done at 8 weeks or 2lbs though realistically. But good, sounds like all is well. Now you know she can immediately get pregnant again so hopefully she stays strictly indoors until her appt comes.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom cat may be aggressive with her older kittens. If they were feral, the older kittens would be starting to live on their own. And she would not want to share the local resources with therm.