Nearing The End Of Pregnancy

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. It's my first post here. Due to irresponsibility (not on my part - I was under the impression they were spayed/neutered when I adopted them), my cats are expecting. I have felt the kittens move for the last couple of weeks but less today. I know it's nearing the end, but I'm scared, guys. My anxiety is through the roof! Can I share my journey here and get some good advice and reassurance along the way?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That something will go wrong or that it will happen tomorrow when we're all gone.

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess just one cat is. I was including the father in the pregnancy. Mom turned a year yesterday, and dad is almost 2. Dad is being neutered Sunday.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good call on Dad. Yes, we'll be here if you have questions. Sarthur2 is the best with mom cats and kittens. You will be in good hands.

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
l really appreciate you all for being here. Helps calm my nerves. l appreciate the links as well. l'm going to read through them all. l want to be prepared as possible as we have a pretty chaotic household and l don't want to be left scrambling.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure you keep dad away from mom and kittens. Not only is it unsafe for the kittens, but mom can get pregnant again a week after delivery. Dad will still be fertile for about a month after neuter.

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, they are separated. Dad has the entire basement to himself for now. l think he mostly enjoys it. Sometimes my children annoy him, ha.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome, you came to the right place. I found this site about 4 months ago when ours was pregnant and I'm so glad I did. So many helpful people on here. Sarthur2 has helped me from day one along with others. Very knowledgeable and calmed my nerves as I was a wreck not knowing what to expect. Now have 2 healthy 4 month old kittens and couldn't have done it without all the wonderful help I received on here. I know the waiting game is hard and nerve wracking. I'm sure everything will go smoothly and you will do great when that time gets here. Everyone here is with you thru it all. Just keep us posted

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nothing happened today while we were gone. I am thankful for that. I picked up some more wet food and some KMR today. Tonight she just wants to follow me and roll around to get belly rubs. I hope the end is near.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know who it's harder on Momma or us humans. Waiting is the hardest part because not only are you waiting but you worry and hope all goes well with no issues. Its tough and so worth it when that time comes, everything will be great. I had to learn to put faith in mom that she would take care of everything and I was just on stand by incase. We all feel your anticipation and are here thru this journey with you. Oh and one more thing. No question is a stupid question. If you.need to ask something just ask. Thanks for keeping us posted. Hopefully any day now. :):)

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
l am so grateful for you! Today Velma has made a few strange meow sounds. She is licking below a lot and rolling so frantically!

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can any of you lovelies recommend a good, inexpensive scale for kitten weighing?

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Don't get the one where the buttons are like touch buttons on the actual glass on top and every time I pressed the tare button it would mess with the weight. (Not sure the genius who came up with that design)it just bugged me so I took it back. but I guess weighing food doesn't move around like kitty's lol. :lol:

RetroCatMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No labor or babies yet! l'm (not so) patiently waiting! l will get some pics and post soon. =)