Naughty Cats

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the first 3 days after the cat tree had been repaired Sombra would not climb it. She would smell the new tubes and then look at me as if she expected an explanation.. Now she goes right up on the tree but she keeps away from the repaired zone. I almost feel guilty. :sigh:
*As well you should, golondrina golondrina :lolup::crackup:* Clearly, Sombra is a discerning climber.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the first 3 days after the cat tree had been repaired Sombra would not climb it. She would smell the new tubes and then look at me as if she expected an explanation.. Now she goes right up on the tree but she keeps away from the repaired zone. I almost feel guilty. :sigh:
Does she climb the curtains, golondrina golondrina ? They look very climbable 😺

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glory Be, NO mama africa. She hasn't yet climbed the curtains!!! I hope she hasn't "heard" you. In fact she prefers the walls, that is something hard to the touch that she can destroy. I have already had to patch parts of a wall here and there. I cannot but wonder how such a sweet tender affectionate little soul can be so destructive, knowing as she does what is forbidden :ohwell: .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glory Be, NO mama africa. She hasn't yet climbed the curtains!!! I hope she hasn't "heard" you. In fact she prefers the walls, that is something hard to the touch that she can destroy. I have already had to patch parts of a wall here and there. I cannot but wonder how such a sweet tender affectionate little soul can be so destructive, knowing as she does what is forbidden :ohwell: .
Everyone has "tails" of their destructive cats. Mine don't destroy anything. Sometimes they have little "accidents" but Nature's Miracle enzymatic cleaner takes care of those. I guess there are two things preventing destruction -- when we moved here, I kept the old carpet, because it doesn't matter what happens to it! and we have scratching posts and pads EVERYWHERE -- in 4 rooms and throughout the hallway which runs almost the entire length of the house. Wherever they go, there is something good to scratch. :climbcat:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone has "tails" of their destructive cats. Mine don't destroy anything. Sometimes they have little "accidents" but Nature's Miracle enzymatic cleaner takes care of those. I guess there are two things preventing destruction -- when we moved here, I kept the old carpet, because it doesn't matter what happens to it! and we have scratching posts and pads EVERYWHERE -- in 4 rooms and throughout the hallway which runs almost the entire length of the house. Wherever they go, there is something good to scratch. :climbcat:
Mine have refused any scratching post. "Why are you bothering? We have the furniture, the living room rug, the bedroom door frame, and now the wallpaper above the cabinets :climbcat:"

:ohwell:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine have refused any scratching post. "Why are you bothering? We have the furniture, the living room rug, the bedroom door frame, and now the wallpaper above the cabinets :climbcat:"

:ohwell:
Have you tried vertical posts and horizontal cardboard corrugate scratchers? How about diagonal corrugate scratchers? Have you tried rubbing the scratcher with catnip? Or silvervine? Or a blend of the two? catclaws.com has a wide variety of different types of scratchers plus organic catnip. Just one source of feline bliss.