Naughty Cats

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually think I am the one in trouble here, since I forgot to wrap up and tuck away the string that pulls up the levelor blind.

Milly had been watching the birds outside the window but then got a little too interested in that string hanging there...

View attachment 322569
Yeah. I make sure mine are wound around the end of the top where the blinds are installed, if they pose any danger to my cats.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
You ever see your cat stuck, so you unstick them-and they go right back to what they were doing? :rolleyes2: i dont really think she was stuck but its hard to tell sometimes so i get her little paws free just in case-and she hooks them right back into the screen. Thank god its cat proof.

This is what i deal with on the daily.
:flail::yess::lol2::lol::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::bigeyes::clapcat:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Sombra had the "bright" idea of pushing under my bed my reading glasses which I had left on the night table. Fortunately my imagination still works or I would have never thought of looking for them there. Thankfully the night table has drawers so from then on the glasses are kept in the top drawer overnight.
❤ You were lucky. If Gypsy gets a hold of our glasses she chews up the ear pieces...I have pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A naughty kitty and a PSA..

I'd done a Target run & came home, dumped everything on my bed, sat down and was messing with my phone for less than 10 mins-i look up and Honeybun's got her head in the handle loop of the bag. I snapped a couple pics quickly and waited a couple mins to see if she'd manage to get herself out. She didnt, obviously, so i took it off her.

I feel like most of us here are good cat caregivers, but anyone can be careless for a moment. I need to go back out and hit 7-11 in a bit-what if i'd left the bag there and gone? :/

Always put your bags away or snip the handles with scissors-thats what i do with paper bags.

This message brought to you by Honeybunny, the Target Superhero cat.
20200215_222420.jpg
20200215_224209.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'd done a Target run & came home, dumped everything on my bed, sat down and was messing with my phone for less than 10 mins-i look up and Honeybun's got her head in the handle loop of the bag. I snapped a couple pics quickly and waited a couple mins to see if she'd manage to get herself out. She didnt, obviously, so i took it off her.

I feel like most of us here are good cat caregivers, but anyone can be careless for a moment. I need to go back out and hit 7-11 in a bit-what if i'd left the bag there and gone? :/

Always put your bags away or snip the handles with scissors-thats what i do with paper bags.

This message brought to you by Honeybunny, the Target Superhero cat.View attachment 322635View attachment 322636
Thank you VERY much for this cute and thoughtful message, Mer.kitten Mer.kitten ! How well we know. Quite awhile ago, I was startled by the sound of fierce rustling moving through another house we lived in. Yes, it was one of the cats, who was in the same position as Honeybee, rushing madly around, trying to escape the plastic bag. Those bags can be very bad for just about everyone! We do use them for used cat litter and other trash, but I am very careful to make sure they're never left out where cats can get at them. ;)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, it was one of the cats, who was in the same position as Honeybee, rushing madly around, trying to escape the plastic bag.
(Temporarily continuing the thread digression...) YES!! Years ago, Teddy Bear, my little Honeybunny lookalike did the same thing: got her head through the plastic loop, got terrified, and ran madly through the house trying to escape the rustling beast that was chasing her. It was awful. She tore up the stairs (peeing all the way) and into the bedroom, with me running after her, and ran full speed behind the dresser. Except it wasn’t quite enough space and she got her head wedged in the too-small opening. She tore fur from each side of her face beside her eyes. And after I extricated her, removed the bag, and checked her over, she hid for the rest of the day. I’m hyper vigilant about these kinds of kitty traps.

Thank the Great Cat Goddess I was home.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wanted to add reinforcement to Mer.kitten Mer.kitten and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ’s warnings.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Temporarily continuing the thread digression...) YES!! Years ago, Teddy Bear, my little Honeybunny lookalike did the same thing: got her head through the plastic loop, got terrified, and ran madly through the house trying to escape the rustling beast that was chasing her. It was awful. She tore up the stairs (peeing all the way) and into the bedroom, with me running after her, and ran full speed behind the dresser. Except it wasn’t quite enough space and she got her head wedged in the too-small opening. She tore fur from each side of her face beside her eyes. And after I extricated her, removed the bag, and checked her over, she hid for the rest of the day. I’m hyper vigilant about these kinds of kitty traps.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wanted to add reinforcement to Mer.kitten Mer.kitten and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ’s warnings.
TYSM and you can't say it too much, as evidenced by the number of people who don't take the effort of rolling up the bag and putting it in a closet, out of reach of anyone. SO DIFFICULT. (Heavy sarcasm intended) :sigh: :dunno:

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I

This message brought to you by Honeybunny, the Target Superhero cat.View attachment 322635View attachment 322636
Thank you VERY much for this cute and thoughtful message, Mer.kitten Mer.kitten ! How well we know. Quite awhile ago, I was startled by the sound of fierce rustling moving through another house we lived in. Yes, it was one of the cats, who was in the same position as Honeybee, rushing madly around, trying to escape the plastic bag. Those bags can be very bad for just about everyone! We do use them for used cat litter and other trash, but I am very careful to make sure they're never left out where cats can get at them. ;)

I think this would make a great thread particularly for new cat owners as of the dangers in the home for cats.
We all have had situations where we have found our cats caught/tangled in things that could have hurt or killed them.
I visited my sister one day and found her cat hanging by its collar on a picket gate..it was on its last breath when I come around the corner and saw it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I

I think this would make a great thread particularly for new cat owners as of the dangers in the home for cats.
We all have had situations where we have found our cats caught/tangled in things that could have hurt or killed them.
I visited my sister one day and found her cat hanging by its collar on a picket gate..it was on its last breath when I come around the corner and saw it.
Yes, I'm pretty sure TCS is in existence partly to educate people as to how to properly care for cats since it is "a community of cat lovers dedicated to quality cat care and cat welfare" so your idea is an excellent one!