Naughty Cats

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NAUGHTINESS GALORE

As I was busy at my desk this morning all of a sudden I saw two little paws emerging from a 2 centimeters opening of one of my drawers. I was flabbergasted and couldn't understand how Sombra had got inside this drawer. After some investigation I discovered that between the end of the drawers and the back board there is a 10 centimeters space.

Sombra had crawled under the desk which is only 7 centimeters from the floor and then up the space behind the drawers and managed to get inside one of them.

I was scared stiff to open the drawer with her inside and hurt her if she got stuck trying to get out the way she had come in but fortunately I was able to get her out safely.

I have now placed a couple of cushions under the desk to prevent Sombra from repeating her adventure. A carpenter will come next week and hopefully will find a solution without spoiling the look of my oak desk.
P5280528.JPG

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine, could you be a little more explicit please. I think I understand the reference to the "eye of the needle" - a cat being able to squeeze through any little space- but what has Mathew got to do with it? I looked up the XIX chapter but couldn't find any reference to out subject.

Since writing the above I have gone back to Mathew and found the reference to the camel. Thank you.

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SOMBRA'S TRAINING
Sombra has discovered the way to open all doors throughout the apartment so that now I have to lock every piece of furniture to keep her out of them. Now, how can one train a kitten whose mischievous pranks increase at the same rate as her disarming affectionate licks and kneading? Every scolding ends up with her in my arms licking and patting my cheeks purring away. Sometimes I wonder who is training who. Any suggestions? :devilcat:but :lovecat4:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gravity of an offense according to Sombra's judgement.

During her first 3 weeks after her arrival Sombra kidded me into believing she was the best behaved youngster in the world. She was in fact only studying the situation before deciding her next move. She used to run and hide under the furniture at the least "NO NO" from me waving my fnger in front of her. But for the last 3 days or so it is She who judges the gravity of the offense. If SHE thinks the sin is serious she runs under the furniture even before I have had time to intervene. And then she comes out after while ready to purr and lick without end to be forgiven. Otherwise, if she considers her trespass isn't very important then she will stay put defying me with her "so what" expression in her eyes mocking my waving finger with her waving tail. Needless to say she always wins.

But it doesn't matter the nature of our conflits during the day the nights are rich in licks, kneadings and purrs and she never leaves my side until I get up irrespective of the time I do it, which may be 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning.

Herewith one of her mildest defying pranks
P5310561.JPG
:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gravity of an offense according to Sombra's judgement.

During her first 3 weeks after her arrival Sombra kidded me into believing she was the best behaved youngster in the world. She was in fact only studying the situation before deciding her next move. She used to run and hide under the furniture at the least "NO NO" from me waving my fnger in front of her. But for the last 3 days or so it is She who judges the gravity of the offense. If SHE thinks the sin is serious she runs under the furniture even before I have had time to intervene. And then she comes out after while ready to purr and lick without end to be forgiven. Otherwise, if she considers her trespass isn't very important then she will stay put defying me with her "so what" expression in her eyes mocking my waving finger with her waving tail. Needless to say she always wins.

But it doesn't matter the nature of our conflits during the day the nights are rich in licks, kneadings and purrs and she never leaves my side until I get up irrespective of the time I do it, which may be 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning.

Herewith one of her mildest defying pranksView attachment 234489 :
golondrina golondrina - God Bless both of you. :)

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Coloring with Honeybunny....

Oh, youre coloring? I'll hang out with you :) dont worry, i'll be good, ill keep my feet t to myself on the black part and wont bother you at all, promise.

20180601_015402.jpg

See i'll even nap. I'm such a good kitty.

20180601_015433.jpg

Sorry just need to stretch out a lil and get comfy. You can still color right?

20180601_015614.jpg

Mind if i stretch my legs?

20180601_015635.jpg

Hey, whats this?

20180601_015646(1).jpg

Youre not staying in the lines anyway, let the kitty try

20180601_015825.jpg

Being an artiste is tiring...

20180601_015756.jpg

K thats enough for today.. you can have your coloring book back. Youre welcome for my feline purrrspective.

20180601_015752(0).jpg

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Coloring with Honeybunny....

Oh, youre coloring? I'll hang out with you :) dont worry, i'll be good, ill keep my feet t to myself on the black part and wont bother you at all, promise.

View attachment 234607

See i'll even nap. I'm such a good kitty.

View attachment 234608

Sorry just need to stretch out a lil and get comfy. You can still color right?

View attachment 234609

Mind if i stretch my legs?

View attachment 234610

Hey, whats this?

View attachment 234611

Youre not staying in the lines anyway, let the kitty try

View attachment 234612

Being an artiste is tiring...

View attachment 234613

K thats enough for today.. you can have your coloring book back. Youre welcome for my feline purrrspective.

View attachment 234614
:crackup::clap::clap2::salam::bliss::heartshape: