Nature's V. Instinct Lid Rabbit Color ?

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is the kibble supposed to be this color ?
It is our first bag of it...
20181010_081108.jpg

They aren't refusing it, nor does it smell bad. But their feces is black now, made me wonder. They also get a 3 oz. can of a variety of wet food a day. These 2 guys are my retired barn kids at 14 and 15 yrs. Inside now...sorry for the long winded "simple" question.
Tks!

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that is correct. We feed that, and their poop is a nice 70% dark chocolate. We even called the vet to be sure and she said most cats have dark stool with rabbit.

And yes, it’s kind of weird to see ...

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's funny, I feed a mix of that LID rabbit kibble and home cooked rabbit meat prepared according do a vet recipe for an elimination diet. One of my cats prefers the kibble, and poops out purple turds the colour of the food. The other prefers the home cooked meat, and his poop looks more normal. The colour must be caused by some kind of food colour additive...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yup, right color. Rabbit based food tends to be very dark. My guys do a mix of wild calling rabbit and nature's variety lid rabbit. I've been feeding it for so long that other cat foods look super light. :spew: