Nature’s Miracle..?

Kayeff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Today we bought a spray for our carpet after noticing one of our cats has Gone to the bathroom in the bedroom closet a couple times. We bought Nature’s Miracle Just for Cats No More Spraying (stain and odor remover with repellent). I feel like it lifted the scent pretty well and I want to use it in a corner of our living room.

My question is: the bottle says it’s safe for pets & home. I know that they wouldn’t put anything toxic to cats in the spray but I have very curious cats who I’m worried will sniff/step in the sprayed area and lick their paws. Is this safe? Its difficult to isolate them from the living room because we live in an apartment and the only closed off space is our bedroom. I know this spray is a repellent as well so they shouldn’t be drawn to the area and might even dislike the smell. Just wanted to hear thoughts/experiences if you have them. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nature's Miracle has a pretty good reputation. That aside, I took a look at their product description, and NO WHERE does it say "enzymatic," which is what you want to totally remove the odor of cat urine. Now, the citrus will probably keep your cat from going back to the same place, cats don't like citrus, so that may work just fine for you. I have not heard any instances of a cat being harmed by that product. I'm certain that there are cats who are allergic to it, but there will be some cats who are allergic to any product. Just as there are some humans who will be allergic to any product.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there! I, personally, am not much of a fan of Nature's Miracle. When I used it, I had to soak the carpeting and then wait forever for it to dry. Even though it appeared the urine smell was nearly gone after soaking the area, some odor still lingered after it had dried. The other thing that puzzles me about the added repellent - in theory, if you successfully remove the urine smell, why really should you need a repellent?

The only reason for the repellent would be if the inappropriate urinating in a specific area went on long enough to create a habit that is no longer dependent on the cat smelling the urine in that location. That being the case, perhaps the repellent would be necessary.

You could try Vetoquinol "The Equalizer' for removing urine smells/stains on carpet. It does not require saturation, so much less drying time. And, it was effective for me. However, it may require multiple treatments if the urine was left for a while without treatment. If you think it is needed, then you could lightly spray the area with a repellent - that is on the assumption the carpet doesn't have to be soaked with the repellent to be effective.

You said you want to use it in a living room corner - is that a new area where the cat is going? Clean it however you see fit, but you might consider either placing a litter box there temporarily, or some form of blockade. The litter box could gradually be moved away from that area and closer to a desired location should you find the cat using it in that corner.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only used the original Nature's Miracle stain and oder remover and it honestly doesn't work that well Imo. It works fine for throw up and human urine however (isn't potty training fun?).

Originally got it for our geriatric cat who had kitty Alzheimer's. But it didn't really remove the smell that well. Always had to follow up with Oxi clean or a carpet spray to get the smell out.

Problem with carpet is the backing pad which is underneath and soaks up the mess but the paper towel can't reach it so you end up ripping up the carpet to change it.

Last edited:

vervainandrue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I logged on today to post a question about urine cleaners, and someone beat me to it!

I use Nature's Miracle by the gallon (literally, I foster). I find that the "marking repellent" formula doesn't work any better than the Urine Destroyer.

Does anyone else have any suggestions re: best urine cleaner? I thought that NM was an enzymatic cleaner, but the above post makes me wonder. I had a vet recommend "Dumb Cat," but it 's incredibly expensive. Anyone else find products they like?

Thanks!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I logged on today to post a question about urine cleaners, and someone beat me to it! I use Nature's Miracle by the gallon (literally, I foster). I find that the "marking repellent" formula doesn't work any better than the Urine Destroyer.
Does anyone else have any suggestions re: best urine cleaner? I thought that NM was an enzymatic cleaner, but the above post makes me wonder. I had a vet recommend "Dumb Cat," but it 's incredibly expensive. Anyone else find products they like? Thanks!
Vetoquinol "The Equalizer' for carpets, doesn't require saturation so it dries faster. But, if the urine has been there for a long time, it may take several treatments. For hard surfaces, try Fizzion or SCOE10x - both can even be used on wood.

You could also see if you would want to try any of the suggestions in these articles, since it sounds like you have a large scale, ongoing issue with being a foster:
How To Get Cat Urine Smell Out Of Carpet: Effective, Non-toxic Solutions
How To Remove Cat Urine Odor From Your Home
How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out Of Clothes And Linens