Nature's Menu?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of us have experience with this food.... Many of us started with it, then moved on, some still feed some in their rotation.
The only flavor I had luck with it was the rabbit - it was good.
Beef, venison a Bison were disastrous - lots of :barf: :barf:
If you have access to Rad Cat, try some, it will make your transition, if that's what you are aiming for, a lot easier - amazing food :nod:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carolina, you're thinking of Nature's Variety.

Nature's Menu only has beef, chicken, organic chicken, turkey, and lamb. Like Rad Cat, Nature's Menu uses a calcium supplement, not ground bone. It's sold in patties, and Rad Cat is sold in tubs. The NM is apparently not as ... "juicy" as the Rad Cat, but for a patty-based food, it's pretty juicy when dethawed.

Most of my cats didn't like it (I tried chicken, turkey, and lamb) and I ended up feeding it to the ferals. I think others have had success with it. It was right around that time that several of my cats decided to boycott ground food altogether. :rolleyes:

The chicken and lamb are human grade foods manufactured in food-for-human facilities. Turkey is the only one made in a pet grade facility, but the company says the turkey itself is human grade. I don't know about the beef. For the price, it's a quality food, and the shipping is very reasonable. If you decide to try some, call them, tell them it's your first order, you're not sure your cats will like it, etc. (rather than ordering online). They'll usually throw in some for free. VERY nice customer service.

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, you're thinking of Nature's Variety.
Nature's Menu only has beef, chicken, organic chicken, turkey, and lamb. Like Rad Cat, Nature's Menu uses a calcium supplement, not ground bone. It's sold in patties, and Rad Cat is sold in tubs. The NM is apparently not as ... "juicy" as the Rad Cat, but for a patty-based food, it's pretty juicy when dethawed.
Most of my cats didn't like it (I tried chicken, turkey, and lamb) and I ended up feeding it to the ferals. I think others have had success with it. It was right around that time that several of my cats decided to boycott ground food altogether. :rolleyes:
The chicken and lamb are human grade foods manufactured in food-for-human facilities. Turkey is the only one made in a pet grade facility, but the company says the turkey itself is human grade. I don't know about the beef. For the price, it's a quality food, and the shipping is very reasonable. If you decide to try some, call them, tell them it's your first order, you're not sure your cats will like it, etc. (rather than ordering online). They'll usually throw in some for free. VERY nice customer service.
:doh3: Sorry, brain fart :lol3:

:yeah:
My kitties loved the lamb, that's the only one I got to introduce - it is very quality food, I definitely recommend them.....
A small correction about the Turkey: It is not made in a pet plant - the only thing that is done in the pet plant, is the grinding, but nothing else. The turkey is human grade, USDA meat - but because it is ground at a pet plant, it loses the human grade USDA status.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitties like the chicken kind pretty well (I didn't get organic). They're so-so about the beef, and hate the turkey. I didn't get lamb because it costs more, but they've shown a liking for lamb the few times I've tried it so I might order some from NM next time. I bought a lot because I knew the dogs would eat it if the cats didn't. It's a bigger risk if you don't have hungry dogs :lol3:.

They say that if your pet is immune-compromised you can cook the patties and they'll still be nutritionally complete :dk:. So last night I popped the beef patties into the George Foreman grill and cooked them for a few minutes (about half done). And the kitties scarfed them right up! So now I'm going to do the same with the turkey patties and see if that changes their minds :D.

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Great customer service!  I did my first raw order from them, and they threw in an extra 3 lbs of raw chicken, I think.  Their freeze dried stuff is nice too.  My cats didn't like the raw chicken or turkey, but they did like the lamb, and I think Feralvr's cat's like the birds (some of 'em, anyway!)  I like this company because they don't throw in fruits and vegies! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOVE LOVE Nature's Menu :clap::clap::clap::clap: Wonderful, beautiful meat :lol3: The cats love the turkey and chicken. I did not have luck with the beef or lamb :dk: :lol3: the opposite of Sally's cats! I am thinking of trying the lamb again on my next order though, it is more pricey. $14.95 for three pounds instead of $9.95 for the others. OH same as Sally - I got a free three-pound bag of my choice on my first order too and they threw in an 8 ounce of the beef chunks. Be sure to ask!!!!! :nod: My dogs also love NM. :D Customer service is super and shipping is reasonable. I think you would be happy ordering from them. The freeze-dried beef treat chunks are a favorite too - rehydrated. :wavey:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your help! I don't think switching to raw is quite right for me at this time, but I really hope to make the switch in the future! The health benefits just sound amazing.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for your help! I don't think switching to raw is quite right for me at this time, but I really hope to make the switch in the future! The health benefits just sound amazing.
They are :bigthumb: My cats have never looked, felt or acted so good. Such happy kitties - and four of my six are not 100% raw and still reap the wonderful benefits :nod: You can start slow and we are always here if and when you are ready!!! :wavey:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are :bigthumb: My cats have never looked, felt or acted so good. Such happy kitties - and four of my six are not 100% raw and still reap the wonderful benefits :nod: You can start slow and we are always here if and when you are ready!!! :wavey:
:yeah: It doesn't need to be all or nothing. :)