Natural Balance LID Chicken and Pea--anyone using and happy?

mysterylover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!   I am looking for something without potatoes, easy on the tummy (kitty with loose stools), and no grain.  I feed all wet but just a few kibbles in a pinch when they act hungry and I don't have time to open a can or right before bed to tide them over until morning.  However, it seems this small amount is impacting one cats digestion.  Is anyone here still happy with this food even after the buyout?  My small local store is no longer carrying because of the buyout.  Any good experiences with this food?  I am hesitant to go to something super high in protein, since he is on something with only 30% protein at present (seems jumping to something with 40-50% would stress him, even with slow transition).

Any suggestions are welcomed!   Thanks! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysterylover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Natural Balance was bought out by Del Monte back in May of 2013, so they are no longer privately owned. Over time, there is sort of some question about the quality of their products. I actually did buy a small bag, and the cats love it. However, it seems I miscalculated the carb content on the chicken and pea formula. It is hefty. Even though they only get a handful a day with mostly wet food as their diet, I worry that my female cat will gain weight in it.  Her brothers are fairly slim at this time, but they likely love it so much because they love carbs (they would steal a doughnut from you if you did not watch them, no kidding!)

I don't know, it seems like every pet food company that gets high rating on here eventually gets bought out or something, and then the quality goes down.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you tried the Nutram Grian Free instead? They advertise no potatoes, are made in Ontario, and have not yet been bought out by anyone else. Thanks for the information - I had no idea Natural Balance had been bought out.