Natural Balance - Change in Recipe

playswithcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone feed their cat Natural Balance, Chicken with pumpkin? (pic attached below). They've recently upped their price, changed design, and changed the recipe. My cat just isn't into it anymore and understandably so. It seems far less "juicy/watery" and the pumpkin pieces are much bigger than they were before. My cat is a picky eater with IBD and cancer (currently being manged to prolong his life since it doesn't affect him that much but will eventually :(). The little guy has grey fur and this food has also dyed his fur a little brown because he cleans himself after every meal, I've been okay with this since he likes the food so much but now I have got to switch it.

I'm thinking of switching him over to the TIki Cat Puka Puka Chicken, does anyone feed their cats this? It seems a similar consistency to NB but maybe higher quality? Thanks.

1596215241071.png

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve never had any of the food you mention, but if you’re looking for chicken&pumpkin recipe, Rawz has it. They will send you free samples if you ask them to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

playswithcats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow that stuff looks pretty good but I see they're out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the suggestion.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that stuff looks pretty good but I see they're out of stock everywhere. Thanks for the suggestion.
They have a policy of avoiding big players and sell through small independent pet shops so you may have a better luck finding them locally than online. Plus, they’ve had some manufacturing change recently which caused stock problems but I would hope this will be over soon. Anyway, you can ask them for flavors you’re interested in and they will send you so that at least you’ll know if your cat is interested in them. My cats particularly love rabbit and rabbit& pumpkin, but that’s pate.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait, I just noticed that this chicken&pumpkin recipe has tapioca starch :( disappointing cause I though they don’t use this stuff.

Id check out TikiCat After Dark, maybe you’ll find a formula that your cat will like. Or Chewy’s knock off American Journey Landmark, my cats love their chicken and turkey recipe.