Natura Expands Recall - AGAIN!

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"Natura Pet Products is voluntarily expanding its March 29, 2013 recall of dry pet foods because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The expanded recall now includes all dry pet food products and treats with expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014. Please see the table below for details of affected products."

http://truthaboutpetfood2.com/natura-pet-expands-voluntary-recall-of-dry-pet-foods-due-to-possible-health-risk

I guess I need to start saving empty bags...

probably had 3 or 4 bags within this new date range. 

jlc20m

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"Natura Pet Products is voluntarily expanding its March 29, 2013 recall of dry pet foods because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The expanded recall now includes all dry pet food products and treats with expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014. Please see the table below for details of affected products."

http://truthaboutpetfood2.com/natura-pet-expands-voluntary-recall-of-dry-pet-foods-due-to-possible-health-risk

I guess I need to start saving empty bags...

probably had 3 or 4 bags within this new date range. 
OMG! Again! I just seen this! Out went two 2 pound bags of EVO Turkey and Chicken Cat and Kitten food. Not only is this a worry, it's also a waste of money. I think I'm switching to Wellness Core Dry as supplemental feeding until this all blows over. If it does, that is. Very frustrating...

jlc20m et al

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely stopped buying the EVO dry after the first recall. But my store gladly gave me a credit on what was left of the bag I had at that time. It was on the list, and though my kitties had had no issues and the bag was almost empty, they still gave me FULL credit! After that I took them off dry altogether.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is these wet safe? evo. Evolve. Innova. Chicken soup both dry n wet. Triumph. Evengers.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was asking to make sure thanks I was using the phone last time I was on here so I couldn't click links:p Thanks again hope no pets gets harm in this recall problem if that brand don't fix this issue they are going to loose allot of costumers seriously

jklaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have there been any sick pet reports or has anyone here witnessed anything with their cats?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sevenwonders

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have there been any sick pet reports or has anyone here witnessed anything with their cats?
We went through 3 bags that were in the new expiration date range over the past few months (before the most recent expansion) with no problems.

The day they ate some from the newest bag I opened (day before newest recall was announced)

3 of 8 Kitties had loose stools and 1 or 2 vomited.

I cannot say for certain that the food was the cause, but it is possible.