National Football League - who is a fan?

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is only one sport I watch regularly: American football. Specifically the NFL and two college teams. Do you like it too? If so, who is your favorite team?

Mine are the Jacksonville Jaguars, Green Bay Packers, and Denver Broncos. I also always root against the Baltimore Ravens and Dallas Cowboys.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
The local NFL team is the Carolina Panthers. I watch them when I can. I follow several college teams and I sometimes watch the pro teams that draft the players I watched in college. When those pro players are traded, the NFL teams I follow change. I'm not much of an NFL team loyalist! I enjoy the college game more.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No onesie that reads "I hate Ohio State" can be gray. Ohio State IS gray.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it has blue words, like Go Blue!

Lol, I did get it off Etsy and not the official M store.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You don't root against the Giants?
Well yes, now that you mentioned it. I really have a strong dislike for the Ravens and Eagles. You take your life in your hands if you go to a Redskins (Washington Football Team) game in Baltimore or Philadelphia wearing the Redskins colors. LOL.
View attachment 396745

I don't watch NFL, but I root for the Bears and Steelers and against the Packers.

My husband went to Michigan, so Michigan football is bigger in our house and I'll watch college ball. I'm even in a fantasy league with my in-laws. Also, I bought our daughter this onesie:
View attachment 396744
That is too cute! She wears it well.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't watch football; actually, I don't watch much in the way of sports at all. Every year at this time, I turn into a football widow. Rick loves football, both college and professional. He's a huge Eagles fan and he also likes the Seahawks. And he supports any team that's playing Dallas at any time. And any team that's playing Tampa, because he can't stand Brady..

He's a huge Penn State fan and will never support Ohio State. Or Notre Dame. Lari Lari , Rick wholeheartedly approves of J's onesie!

It used to be interesting around here during college season. Rick liked PSU and my brother was a big Notre Dame fan. Our son always supported Florida State. The arguments would get pretty loud! The cats and I would go back to the bedroom and shut the door. We'd come out to serve the snacks and such, then go back to the bedroom.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I continue to watch the Lions as I have for years. They won the championship in my childhood, but I was too young to remember it. SOL (same old Lions)!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quit watching pro football after the last player's strike. Millionaire players fighting with billionaire owners? No, thank you. Michele, on the other hand, is a big Packers fan, and has been since the days of Starr and Lombardi. We even had to make the pilgrimage to Lambeau Field during training camp. Happy wife, happy life.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not American, so I don't think I've ever watched American football 😅 I do enjoy rugby tho, but no idea how similar they are

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not American, so I don't think I've ever watched American football. I do enjoy rugby though, but no idea how similar they are.
American football originated from rugby, but evolved as quarterbacks started throwing footballs, forcing the invention of an oblong ball to snap, throw, carry, ,and catch. Evolution of the sport made it totally unlike rugby.