National Food Day Celebrations

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are by yourself do you just get free ice cream or does your whole family get free ice cream if you have them there?

I did not know they gave free stuff. Either way I lose because I don't have a smartphone and I would not go out of my way just to get a free sample.
I have a phone but it's not very smart. I can call people with it!!!! (Sits back and listens to the awed "ooooo" noises!)
There's a little food stand open in the nice months here that gives dogs a free little cup of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt with a little dog cookie on top. Really cute!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Monday, July 16th is National Corn Fritter Day!

App or no app....I sort of doubt there are any deals to be found on corn fritters, unless you live in the south and have a local mom & pop doing a deal.

Deal or no deal, I'm excited. I'm thinking I have all the ingredients to fritter away on a batch of homemade fritters! Haven't made them in a long time and they sure are tasty! :yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What the heck is a Corn Fritter? It sounds good, I doubt we have that in NY.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another ice cream day today, Tuesday, July 17th. Today is National Peach Ice Cream Day!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy orange&white orange&white We love corn fritters! I usually do our on the griddle or the cast iron frying pan. Geez, I haven't made them in forever and I used to make them often because we like them so much. They're going to be on our menu now and soon. Thanks for the reminder!

National Peach Ice Cream Day? Rick and I were in the basement on Sunday afternoon and we saw our ice cream maker. Rick mentioned that we hadn't made ice cream in a while and I said we should try some peach ice cream. There you go!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Today, Monday, July 16th is National Corn Fritter Day!

App or no app....I sort of doubt there are any deals to be found on corn fritters, unless you live in the south and have a local mom & pop doing a deal.

Deal or no deal, I'm excited. I'm thinking I have all the ingredients to fritter away on a batch of homemade fritters! Haven't made them in a long time and they sure are tasty! :yummy:
Ours are normally corn, zuchnni and cheese pan fried. Deep fried would be nice to try but I doubt any actual restaurant around here makes them.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Another ice cream day today, Tuesday, July 17th. Today is National Peach Ice Cream Day!
Hard pass. Maybe if it was made with real actual peaches, there is aagelato place around here thst uses real fruit. Would peach gelato work? For some reason artifical peach flavor and coloring give me problems.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Wednesday, July 18th is National Hot Dog Day!

For some reason, I'm thinking of @Mamanyt1953. :p

A few deals today, most need apps, but 7-11 is doing Big Bite hot dogs for $1.00 without an app. Sonic drive-in has a deal where you text "DOG" to 876642 for $1.00 Chili dogs or American dogs. Their ad says you have to mention the text to get the deal. I'm sort of tempted to try just saying I sent the text to see if they'll honor the price. My flip phone does not do those 6-digit marketing text things.

National Hot Dog Day 2018: Where to get hot dog freebies and weiner deals Wednesday

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently there is a National Hot Dog Day and for some reason a cupcake specialty store is doing something.

View attachment 240392

This place is all about cupcakes. With cake pop, cookies, and macarrons sometimes. Egg nog from a local dairy in the winter. Not sure why they are getting in on the hot dogs.....
Oh yeah! I forgot about that, as I've slept since then!

Too far for me to drive to make it in time anyway. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today, Wednesday, July 18th is National Hot Dog Day!

For some reason, I'm thinking of @Mamanyt1953. :p

A few deals today, most need apps, but 7-11 is doing Big Bite hot dogs for $1.00 without an app. Sonic drive-in has a deal where you text "DOG" to 876642 for $1.00 Chili dogs or American dogs. Their ad says you have to mention the text to get the deal. I'm sort of tempted to try just saying I sent the text to see if they'll honor the price. My flip phone does not do those 6-digit marketing text things.

National Hot Dog Day 2018: Where to get hot dog freebies and weiner deals Wednesday

orange&white orange&white - Too many hot dogs already this year - I have charcoal-broiled Italian Sausage on the menu tonight though!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yeah! I forgot about that, as I've slept since then!

Too far for me to drive to make it in time anyway. :)
I got a reminder from the cupcake store on my Instagram today. I am tempted to run over there just to see what the heck is going on. Probably won't since it's out of my way, but tempted.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Today (Sunday) is National Oyster Day!

How do you eat your oysters? Do you eat oysters?

Me? Nope, nope, nope.

When I was in college, our Biogeographies and Soils Class went to Chincoteague for the weekend. While we were out on an oyster boat, the Prof said he'd give an A for the course to anybody who ate a raw oyster. Most of the students had no trouble with it; a few did and it took everything they had to get (and keep) that oyster down. And then it was my turn. "Fail me." The Prof laughed. I got an A for the course anyway.

How about you?