National Food Day Celebrations

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like just about every day is a "national celebration" of a specific food. It might be fun to post them here....especially if there are any really good discounts, particularly FREE food in your area to celebrate the day.

To start off, today July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day.

I don't see any freebies in my area. I see national chains running some prices that don't look particularly spectacular. Are there any fabulous fried chicken specials where you live?

Deal or no deal....

:celebrate: Happy Fried Chicken Day :celebrate:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Apparently there is a National Hot Dog Day and for some reason a cupcake specialty store is doing something.

Screenshot_20180706-072121~2.png

This place is all about cupcakes. With cake pop, cookies, and macarrons sometimes. Egg nog from a local dairy in the winter. Not sure why they are getting in on the hot dogs.....

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Apparently there is a National Hot Dog Day and for some reason a cupcake specialty store is doing something.

View attachment 240392

This place is all about cupcakes. With cake pop, cookies, and macarrons sometimes. Egg nog from a local dairy in the winter. Not sure why they are getting in on the hot dogs.....
:lol: That is odd! :headscratch:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Saturday, July 7th! That means that it's International Chocolate Day!

In the US, it's also National Macaroni Day, not to be confused with National Mac-N-Cheese Day, which is next weekend.

Today is also National Strawberry Sundae Day. I see that last year, McD's gave away a free sundae with any purchase...not finding any deals for this year. A pint of ice cream and some strawberries my be in order!

For those who prefer to drink dinner, it's also National Dive Bar Day. :p

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! 12 ounce nutrition. Is there a National Hot Sauce Day? Or Hot Pepper? I could get into that.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Funny about that fried chicken. We were down with the kids yesterday and I mentioned to our son (who makes awesome fried chicken.....and refuses to give me his recipe) that it's been a long time since we had fried chicken. He said it's been so long that he doesn't think he remembers his recipe anymore. I'm going to take my cast iron frying pans down and we're going to figure something out.

I also told him that, had he given me his recipe, we wouldn't have to figure it out, that I'd have the recipe to go by. He was not amused.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Sunday, July 8th. That makes it National Chocolate with Almonds Day. I'm not even looking for "specials" to go with this one. Hershey bar anyone?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like chocolate. What about Peanut Butter Day? I love peanut butter. I don't really need a sale on that though, it's pretty cheap.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is July 9th.

It's National Sugar Cookie Day!

Not seeing any national deals for a free cookie. Maybe some of the local mom & pop bakeries are doing something special.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I finally got up the ambition to Google it. January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day. And March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day. I'm not sure why there are 2 different ones.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh shoot! I almost forgot to look up today's celebrated food.

Today is Tuesday, July 10th and it is National Pina Colada Day.

Not quite sure why mixed drinks made the "food day calendar", but that's all I saw for today.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A pina colada has rum in it, right? No thanks, I'll pass on that one. I got severely drunk on rum one night. It was bad, really bad. To this day, I can't stand even a whiff of rum, let alone anything made with the stuff.